FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
Editor’s Note: Please welcome my friend Amy to the site today to share another great post! Make sure you stop by Amy’s site to learn more about all things food and natural living!
Summertime is upon us.
I don’t know about you, but one of my very favorite treats during these hot months is an ice cream sandwich.
After our family transitioned to a whole food lifestyle, I thought they might be gone from my life forever.
However, not one to accept defeat easily, I began tinkering in the kitchen and I’m happy to report that I have developed a yummy grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free take on this summertime classic.
Intimidated by the thought of making your own ice cream at home? Don’t be! It’s so easy and here are 5 Tips for Perfect Homemade Ice Cream. My passion for homemade ice cream and frozen treats is exactly why I wrote my eBook, The Splendid Scoop. You can learn more about that book here, or read on down to the bottom of this article.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil - melted
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ICE CREAM
- 1 can (13 ounces) full fat coconut milk (I prefer Aroy-D brand)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Heat oven to 275 F.
- Mix cookie ingredients together thoroughly.
- Roll out dough on a parchment lined baking sheet to about a ½ inch thickness.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Watch it carefully. You want it to still be soft and not brittle.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- When the dough is completely cool, use a pizza cutter to cut it in half right down the middle so you have two symmetrical pieces.
- ICE CREAM
- Combine coconut milk, maple syrup, and a pinch of sea salt and place in an ice cream maker until finished (about 20 minutes).
- When the ice cream is done, spread the it on one of the pieces of cookie and place the other piece of cookie on top.
- Put the pan in the freezer for at least 20 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, trim edges until you have a large rectangle and then cut into smaller, serving size rectangles.
- Freeze until hard.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Want to Learn How to Make Your Own Ice Cream Perfection At Home?
I’ve got you covered in my best-selling eBook, The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats: Delicious and Easy Dairy-Free Recipes, Plus Tips and Tricks for Homemade Ice Cream Perfection!
When the weather gets warm, nothing is more delicious than a bowl of cold ice cream or a delicious frozen treat. But, when you’re on a restricted diet, finding treats that are suitable for your needs can be tricky. Plus, what happens when you want to make ice cream, but don’t own an ice cream maker? Can you still make tasty treats without all the special equipment?
Yes! You can!
That is why I created The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook! I, myself, am on a restricted diet for health reasons and when the weather starts warming up over 65 F, I start to get cranky. ? I am definitely a cool weather gal and one way to keep me sane and satisfied during the height of summer is knowing that I can make something delicious, at home, using healthy ingredients that fit my lifestyle.
All of the recipes in this book are dairy, grain, and gluten free. They can easily be modified for the autoimmune protocol as well, making them extra special for those on super restricted diets.
In The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook, You Will Learn:
- Why making your own ice cream and frozen treats at home is better than buying them at the store (even the organic ones!).
- Tips and tricks for homemade ice cream success.
- How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker (it’s easier than you think!).
- Delicious dairy-free recipes the whole family will love (recipes are also gluten and free and can easily be adapted for the autoimmune protocol as well).
- Extensive resource suggestions for real food, wellness, and beyond.
Don’t let another summer or special occasion pass you by. No longer will you have to watch your friends and family indulge on their favorite frozen treats while you sit on the sidelines due to your dietary restrictions.
Now you can enjoy creamy, delicious, and allergen-friendly frozen treats once again with The Splendid Scoop.
What is your favorite summertime treat? Leave a comment below!