FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
This homemade magic shell ice cream topping recipe is so easy to make and uses coconut oil! My hubby loves Magic Shell, but it’s full of all sorts of nasty stuff, so when I first bought my ice cream maker last February, I thought I would try making my own.
This homemade magic shell ice cream topping recipe uses on a few simple ingredients, including nourishing coconut oil and is a great hit with kids (big and little!). Looking for something to put it on? Check out these recipes:
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping Recipe With Coconut Oil
I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup high-quality organic cocoa powder (you can also use carob powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup (if you want to go sugar-free, you can eliminate this)
- 10 drops vanilla stevia (optional)
- In a double boiler (or sauce pan over low heat), melt all of the ingredients together.
- Using an immersion blender, whiz everything together. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can use a regular blender. This helps emulsify the ingredients so they don’t separate.
- Serve over your favorite non-dairy vanilla ice cream. Tastes great on vanilla kefir ice cream!
Learn How to Make Perfect Ice Cream (and Other Frozen Treats) at Home
Ice cream is the quintessential dessert (and, ahem, it is kind of a requirement for this recipe!). I mean, I can’t think of a single person that I’ve ever met who doesn’t like ice cream. While not everyone is as passionate about the cold, creamy, sweet concoction as I am, I am betting that if you’re reading this, you probably enjoy a frozen treat of some sort every now and then.
If so, then I have the PERFECT resource for you today.
I am crazy for ice cream, but I find that there are very few commercial ice creams that I can eat. I can’t do dairy, so that scratches a good 75% of them off the list. And the non-dairy options either taste funny, have too much sugar, or have weird gums and additives that my poor gut just doesn’t tolerate.
So, what’s a gal to do?
Master the art of making her own ice cream at home, that’s what!
And create I did and The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook was born! This is one of my best-selling eBooks because I arm you with everything you need to make your own perfect ice cream (or other frozen treats) at home any time you want.
And I do it all with real food ingredients, no refined sweeteners, not gums, not stabilizers. No junk here.
Oh, and I also have made the recipes allergen-friendly and even adaptable for stricter healing diets (like the AIP).
So, if you are ready to master the art of making your own ice cream at home, this is the perfect book for you. Don’t let another special occasion or hot day in the summer pass you by watching everyone else enjoying cold treats while you sit on the sideline due to your dietary restrictions.
If you are ready to learn more about The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats and see how you can download your own copy today, click here (or just click on the image below!).