FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
I have a confession to make.
I used to loooooooooooooooooove Chick-Fil-A® chicken nuggets. I would eat there every chance I got.
Then, I went gluten-free in 2012 and never ate there again. I would eat there even in my real food days on occasion. Nothing crazy, but a little “treat” every once in awhile. Of any fast food, it was my favorite (along with Chipotle).
So, you can imagine how super stoked I was when my friend and co-founder of 20 Dishes came up with this amazing Copycat Chick-Fil-A® Chicken Nuggets recipe.
It. Is. Amazing.
Totally hits the spot when you have that craving that just won’t go away! 🙂 You can check out Orleatha’s fun Facebook Live Streaming video below (follow us on Facebook here to never miss a live stream). WARNING: The video may be a little graphic for you. 😉
If you’re not familiar with 20 Dishes (my other baby), then hop down below so I can introduce you! 🙂
- 1 lb chicken breasts tenderloins, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- ½ cup oat flour*
- ½ cup plantain flour*
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- oil for frying (I like coconut oil or avocado oil)
- **If you're grain-free, you can substitute your favorite grain-free flour. If you are not grain or gluten-free, you can substitute all-purpose flour for these gluten-free flours.**
- In a large bowl, combine chicken and pickle juice; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk and egg. Stir in chicken and gently toss to combine; drain excess milk mixture.
- In a gallon size resealable bag or large bowl, combine flour and seasonings.
- Add chicken, tossing to coat.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately.
What is 20 Dishes?
20 Dishes is my other baby and one that I am oh-so-proud of. Myself and two other amazing wellness educators founded 20 Dishes in 2014 on a mission to help people eat MORE real food and LESS take-out.
We are a meal planning service with a social mission. We provide weekly meal plans, shopping lists, and a “special sauce” known as our step-by-step prep system with has been PROVEN to save you hours and hours in the kitchen. Our system helps save people anywhere from 4 to 16 hours of food prep time each week.
Yes, you read that correctly. 16 hours!
That record was held by one of our long-time members who used to spend 20 hours a week on average prepping and cooking for her family. Using our system she has slashed that time down to 4 hours or so each week. THAT makes my heart sing because she has now re-captured 16 HOURS of her life per week. What would you do with an extra 16 hours a week?
After helping hundreds of families across the country save time and money in the kitchen, we knew we had to do more. We HAD to figure out a way to get real food in the hands of more people and show them that eating real food (a) doesn’t have to be hard and (b) doesn’t have to be expensive.
That is how we developed our unique Kitchen Advisor Program. Through this program, our Kitchen Advisors are empowered to work in communities across the U.S. demonstrating the proven 20 Dishes system and introducing people to real food. There is a DIRE NEED for real food education in our world.
Did you know that there are 678,000 deaths every year that can be attributed to poor diet? It’s shocking to think that:
- 1/3rd of premature deaths in the U.S. are attributable to poor nutrition and lack of physical activity.
- Obesity rates have doubled in adults and tripled in children over the last 20 years.
- Four of the six leading causes of death (heart disease, cancer, stroke, and diabetes) are related to diet and inactivity.
ALL of these statistics can be improved if we just ate more REAL FOOD. But there has been a total loss of education around proper nutrition and food preparation in this country. And, even if people do have the desire to switch their diets, they may feel overwhelmed with how much time and money it seems to cost.
That is where 20 Dishes comes in and why we created our mission to change the world, one meal at a time.
If you’d like to learn more about 20 Dishes, you can find our site here.
If you’d like to learn more about the Kitchen Advisor Program, we would LOVE to talk to you! Check out our site here for more information.
As a Kitchen Advisor, you will be leading the charge against fast and processed foods and bring home cooked meals back to the kitchen. You will help encourage families to spend more time together and less time slaving away in the kitchen. Lastly, you will be providing skills to families that will quite literally change their lives for the better. Skills that can be passed down from generation to generation.
- You passionate about real food.
- You ready to give back to the world and share the unique gifts you have been given.
- You want to earn money doing work that you love, with the flexibility to live the life you desire.
- You have a desire to join a revolution that will change the world on a large scale.
You do not need to be a professional chef or have any special degrees to be an Advisor. This program is open to anyone who loves to cook, is passionate about real food, and is looking to join a grassroots movement to help improve the health and well-being of the world.
Find out more here, leave a comment below, or email me at support(at)deliciousobsessions(dot)com for more info! I’d love to chat with you!