FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
2017 is literally around the corner. Like, in TWO DAYS! Where did 2016 go? I feel like I blinked and the whole year disappeared. And what a year it was. Full of all sorts of interesting journeys and personal growth.
Since the new year is almost here, a lot of people are thinking about how they want to be healthier in 2017 and one of the best ways to do that is to eat more real food. But getting started with real food can be a little overwhelming, especially if you are new to it and used to a Standard American Diet (SAD).
When people ask me what my favorite ways (and easiest) to eat healthier are, there are always two that top the list:
- Choosing healthy fats and oils. Watch my video on YouTube about this.
- Making your own salad dressings at home (which goes hand in hand with #1).
A lot of people don’t realize just how easy it is to make your own dressings at home. It is so super simple, allows you to control the ingredients, and tastes 1 million times better than storebought.
Once you start making your own dressings at home, you won’t go back to commercial dressings. Trust me. They are that delicious! 🙂
Today I want to show you how easy it is to make your own dressings at home. Full recipes below the video tutorial. Don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel and give me a thumbs up if this video resonated with you! Your support helps me reach more people on YouTube so I can help them live healthier lives!
Coupons and Freebies for Ranch & Italian Salad Dressing Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
How to Make Homemade Ranch & Italian Salad Dressings :: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Option
Most people don't realize how easy it is to make their own homemade dressings. If you want to make a powerful shift in your health, making your own dressings can really help because you are eliminated poor quality, rancid oils that lead to inflammation in the body.
Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried chives
Classic Italian Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Easy Ranch Dressing
- Whisk all ingredients together until blended. If you want a more finely-ground seasoning mix, you can pulse the mixture in a food processor until it reaches your desired consistency. Store in an airtight container.
- When you are ready to make your dressing, combine 1 Tbsp. of the seasoning mix with 1/3 cup good quality mayonnaise and 1/3 cup milk, and whisk to combine. You can also substitute Greek yogurt for the mayo.
Classic Italian Dressing
- In a large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and seasonings until well combined.
- Alternatively, you can use a blender, immersion blender, or just place a tight lid on the jar and shake vigorously.
Hi, would like to try to make the ranch dish, but the gentleman I am making for needs it gluten free, dairy free, nut free and grain free. Any ideas what I can use in place of the milk?
Recipes look great, Thankyou so much.
Hi Jeannie! Thanks for stopping by! You can use coconut milk or any other non-dairy milk in place of the regular milk. Keep in mind it will alter the flavor a little though, so I’d start with a small batch and make sure everyone likes it with that substitution. Hope you enjoy!