FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
This easy cauliflower salad is one of my favorite salads to bring to potlucks and get-togethers. You can make it the day before and it holds up nicely. As a matter of fact, I think it tastes better the next day.
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that doesn't seem to get a whole lot of thought, but it's a pretty versatile vegetable and I love it. This recipe came about one evening when I had a head of cauliflower that needed using, but I wanted something a little different, so I decided to make a salad.
Did you know that cauliflower is a great source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin K, folate, manganese, potassium and pantothenic acid? In addition, it is also a good source of protein, phosphorus, thiamin, magnesium, riboflavin and niacin. Pretty awesome veggie, eh?
Want some more cauliflower recipes? Here are three of my faves:
- Garlic Herb Lime Cauliflower Rice (grain-free)
- Indian Spiced Lactofermented Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Parmesan
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you!
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
My favorite olive oil comes from Kasandrinos. It is excellent quality, produced in small batches (with lots of love), is 100% pure (not contaminated with cheaper oils), and tastes amazing. Visit their site here.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup clean mayonnaise (or learn to make your own here)
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Wash and break up the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and put in a bowl (with a lid so you can toss it all together) with the chopped onion.
- Whisk together the mayo, oil, vinegar, stevia, salt and pepper.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and the dressing to cauliflower and onion.
- Toss together well.
- Let marinate for a couple hours or overnight.
- This salad will also keep a couple days in the fridge without going bad or getting soggy.