FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
This easy cauliflower salad is one of my favorite salads to bring to potlucks and get-togethers. You can make it the day before and it holds up nicely. As a matter of fact, I think it tastes better the next day.
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that doesn’t seem to get a whole lot of thought, but it’s a pretty versatile vegetable and I love it. This recipe came about one evening when I had a head of cauliflower that needed using, but I wanted something a little different, so I decided to make a salad.
Did you know that cauliflower is a great source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin K, folate, manganese, potassium and pantothenic acid? In addition, it is also a good source of protein, phosphorus, thiamin, magnesium, riboflavin and niacin. Pretty awesome veggie, eh?
Want some more cauliflower recipes? Here are three of my faves:
- Garlic Herb Lime Cauliflower Rice (grain-free)
- Indian Spiced Lactofermented Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Parmesan
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup clean mayonnaise (or learn to make your own here)
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Wash and break up the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and put in a bowl (with a lid so you can toss it all together) with the chopped onion.
- Whisk together the mayo, oil, vinegar, stevia, salt and pepper.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and the dressing to cauliflower and onion.
- Toss together well.
- Let marinate for a couple hours or overnight.
- This salad will also keep a couple days in the fridge without going bad or getting soggy.