FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
This easy cauliflower salad is one of my favorite salads to bring to potlucks and get-togethers. You can make it the day before and it holds up nicely. As a matter of fact, I think it tastes better the next day.
Cauliflower is one of those vegetables that doesn't seem to get a whole lot of thought, but it's a pretty versatile vegetable and I love it. This recipe came about one evening when I had a head of cauliflower that needed using, but I wanted something a little different, so I decided to make a salad.
Did you know that cauliflower is a great source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, vitamin K, folate, manganese, potassium and pantothenic acid? In addition, it is also a good source of protein, phosphorus, thiamin, magnesium, riboflavin and niacin. Pretty awesome veggie, eh?
Want some more cauliflower recipes? Here are three of my faves:
- Garlic Herb Lime Cauliflower Rice (grain-free)
- Indian Spiced Lactofermented Cauliflower
- Roasted Cauliflower with Olive Oil, Garlic, and Parmesan
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! 🙂 And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 1 head of cauliflower, broken up into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¼ cup clean mayonnaise (or learn to make your own here)
- ⅛ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 8 drops liquid stevia (optional)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Wash and break up the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and put in a bowl (with a lid so you can toss it all together) with the chopped onion.
- Whisk together the mayo, oil, vinegar, stevia, salt and pepper.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, and the dressing to cauliflower and onion.
- Toss together well.
- Let marinate for a couple hours or overnight.
- This salad will also keep a couple days in the fridge without going bad or getting soggy.