FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
These chewy pumpkin spice candies are delicious and addicting. I say that about pretty much any candy I make because, let’s face it. I don’t just have a sweet tooth, I have sweet teeth! Seeing that I don’t eat much in the way of sweets anymore, it is rare that I indulge and make candy or some other type of dessert or treat. However, fall rolled around, and I realized I had a bunch of sunflower and pumpkin seeds in the freezer that needed to be used up, so it was the perfect time to make these tasty treats!
You really could use any nut or seed that you prefer. I have only made it with pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds, but I imagine walnuts and/or pecans would be amazing! Depending on the thickness that you make the bars, they may end up being different textures. The thicker you make the bars, the chewier they will be. If you spread the mixture out really thin, they end up being more like brittle, especially when chilled. I like to let these bars warm up to room temperature before serving. I think the flavors are much more pronounced, and you don’t have to worry about anyone breaking a tooth on a bar that is a tad too firm!
These bars would make great gifts, so if you’re making a goody basket for loved ones any time soon, this would be a great addition, as would my caramel glazed candied macadamia nuts.
Coupons for Chewy Pumpkin Spice Candy Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- In a large frying pan, combine the ghee, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla over medium heat. Stir it while it heats up to keep everything mixed together.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, add your seeds (or nuts). Please be careful not to splatter yourself. This glaze is H.O.T. (don’t ask me how I know). Stir the seeds around until coated, and smooth them out in the pan, so they are in an even layer.
- Lower the heat to low or medium-low (depending on your stove) and let the mixture continue to bubble, stirring occasionally. The sauce will continue to thicken and reduce, but be sure to watch it closely, as it can burn quickly.
- Keep stirring until the sauce has thickened (approx. 8-10 minutes).
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spread in a single layer on a silicone mat (if you have one). You can also use wax paper. I like to sprinkle a dash of sea salt over the brittle at this time.
- Let cool on the counter for 15-20 minutes, and then you can transfer it to the fridge or freezer to continue the cooling process.
- Break or cut into pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer. Serve at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Redmond Real Sea Salt
Wild Vanilla Bean Powder - All Natural Pure Vanilla from Madagascar - For Baking Cooking Coffee Flavoring & Smoothies - Unsweetened Gluten Free Non GMO Superfood (1 ounce)
Certified Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
Simply Organic Pumpkin Spice Organic, 1.94 Ounce
Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Honey
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil
Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, Quality Clarified Butter Fat
Terrasoul Superfoods Raw Unpasteurized Organic Almonds (Sproutable), 2 lbs
NOW Foods Raw, Organic Walnuts
Raw Pecans Halves, 44oz(2.75 Pounds) Compares to Organic, NO PPO, Unpasteurized, 100% Natural, Extra Fancy, No Preservatives, Non-GMO, Un Salted Un Roasted Pecan Halves 2.75 lb
Bob's Red Mill Raw Shelled Sunflower Seeds (Kernels Only), 20-ounce (Pack of 4)
Go Raw Pumpkin Seeds