This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
This dairy free vanilla ice cream recipe is a classic and is so delicious that you won’t even miss the dairy! This recipe is perfect to have on hand for those who have food allergies and it is so simple and easy to make.
I love ice cream – pretty much any flavor, non-dairy or dairy. However, I rarely buy it because most commercial ice creams are filled with so much junk. Even the organic and all-natural brands still have certain ingredients that I don’t like. So, that’s why I invested in a Cuisinart ice cream maker (it was on clearance at Sur la Table) and it has gotten a lot of love!
Here is a simple and delicious non-dairy ice cream. Perfect by itself, or on top of bananas foster or mixed fruit cobbler. Even better, try it with some coconut oil Magic Shell drizzled over the top and get your daily dose of coconut oil! Yum!
Feel free to add other flavors or mix-ins to this recipe. You could customize it any way you like. Enjoy!
Intimidated by the thought of making your own ice cream at home? Don’t be! It’s so easy and here are 5 Tips for Perfect Homemade Ice Cream.
NOTE: People seem to freak out because I’ve included raw egg yolks in this recipe. If you don’t want to eat raw eggs, then don’t. I ONLY eat raw eggs when they come from a source I trust, like my parents (who raise chickens) or a local farmer that I know and trust. I would NEVER eat commercial eggs raw. So, if you don’t have a safe source for eggs, you can either omit them, or heat the mixture over very low heat to pasteurize the eggs before making the ice cream.
Coupons and Freebies for Dairy-free Vanilla Ice Cream Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. Below are special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Vitacost: If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase.
- Tropical Traditions: If you make a purchase from them through this link, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book with your order.
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 4 pastured egg yolks
- 3.5 cups full-fat coconut milk (I prefer Aroy-D brand)
- 2 tbsp. super fine organic cane sugar or coconut sugar (whiz it up in a food processor to make it super fine)
- 16 drops vanilla cream stevia
- 1½ tsp. vanilla extractOR vanilla bean powder (I like the bean powder from Mountain Rose Herbs)
- Mix all the ingredients together with a hand mixer until thoroughly combined.
- Chill completely, at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Prepare according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- No ice cream maker? No problem. Just pour the mixture into a shallow freezer-safe dish. Place in the freezer and every 30-45 minutes, stir the mixture around until it reaches a consistency you like. More time consuming, but totally doable. 🙂