FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
This mixed fruit cobbler is one of my comfort foods. I love the flavorful fruit combined with a crunchy topping and then topped with whipped coconut cream (or heavy cream if you can tolerate dairy). YUM!
Cobblers are one of those fantastic dishes where can just use whatever you have on hand. It's a great way to use up some frozen fruit that is a little past its prime. Pretty much any fruit will work well in a fruit cobbler. I often end up with small bits of various fruits that get shoved in the back of the freezer and when I find them, I just dump them in a pan to make cobbler. Even if the fruit is a little freezer burned, it will still make an excellent dessert.
This recipe is fast and easy to throw together.
Two of my favorite things when it comes to cooking.
Oh, and tasty. Can't forget tasty.
Want some more real food dessert recipes? Well, I have a lot that you can find here, but here are my favorites (grain and dairy free too):
- Deep Dish Apple Pie with Fennel and Ginger
- Lemon Lime Coconut Candies
- Bananas Foster
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
P.S. How about some dairy-free vanilla ice cream for that cobbler? <–click that link for the recipe!
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photos for this recipe!
Coupons and Freebies for Mixed Fruit Cobbler Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. Below are special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Vitacost: If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase.
- Tropical Traditions: If you make a purchase from them through this link, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book with your order.
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 8 – 10 cups frozen fruit of your choice (berries and peaches work well together)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- Topping mixture:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 pastured egg
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, add the frozen fruit and let it sit out until it's about halfway thawed.
- Once it's partially thawed, add the coconut sugar, vanilla, and arrowroot powder and stir until the combined.
- In one separate bowl, combine the almond meal, coconut flour, shredded coconut, coconut sugar, and cinnamon and stir well.
- In another separate bowl, beat the egg and add the coconut oil and combine.
- Stir the liquid into the mixture and stir until combined. It should be pretty crumbly.
- Oil a glass 9×13 baking dish liberally with coconut oil and add the fruit to the pan and add the flour mixture to the top.
- Place the baking dish on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for one hour. The cookie sheet with prevent any liquid that bubbles up from burning onto your oven floor.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.
Real Food 101 + Companion Cookbook
This Mixed Fruit Cobbler is just one of the amazing recipes in my newest book, The Real Food 101 Companion Cookbook! The Real Food 101 Companion Cookbook is your comprehensive guide to delicious, Real Food recipes that are easy to prepare and won’t break the bank.
Created as a companion to our popular Real Food 101: Practical Tips for Healthy Eating eBook, this cookbook helps support our mission of helping people eat better and live better.
True health can only come through a solid foundation of good nutrition.
This cookbook is perfect on its own or to complement the practical wisdom in Real Food 101: Practical Tips for Healthy Eating eBook. If you’re already familiar with real food and are just looking for some delicious, kitchen-tested recipes to help you stay the course, then The Real Food 101 Companion Cookbook is for you.