FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Who doesn’t love candy? But, when you transition over to real food, many people think candy is a thing of the past. I’m here to tell you that while traditional store-bought candy may no longer fit into your style of eating, there are still ways to make HEALTHY candy at home!
Chocolate bark is one of the easiest homemade candies to make. You only need a few simple ingredients and the best thing is that you get to control the quality of the ingredients you use. That way you know exactly what is in there and don’t end up with any weird, questionable things you can’t pronounce.
The base of your chocolate bark is as simple as melting chocolate chips or a chopped up chocolate bar together with a little fat (like butter or coconut oil). Then, you can add any flavorings you like. You can also add things like nuts, seeds, dried fruit, dried coconut, or sea salt.
The sky really is the limit and you can get as creative and whimsical as you like! You could even use white chocolate in place of regular chocolate for a fun spin (try white chocolate with dried cranberries and walnuts — YUM!).
I have been addicted to the flavors of chocolate, hazelnut, and sea salt together, so I am sharing my fast and easy recipe for Hazelnut Sea Salt Chocolate Bark with you today! I really hope you enjoy! Make sure you check out the section below the recipe for more healthy candy ideas!
Coupons and Freebies for Hazelnut Sea Salt Chocolate Bark Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- In a double boiler over low heat, gently melt your chocolate chips and butter, stirring occasionally.
- When they are fully melted and combined, remove from heat.
- Add your hazelnuts and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Spread until you get a thinness or thickness that you prefer.
- Sprinkle the coarse sea salt over the top.
- Place in the fridge or freezer until solid.
- Remove and break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. But it won’t last that long, guarantee it.
This recipe easily doubles, triples, quadruples, etc. so make a larger batch if you need.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 173mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered from Nutritionix and we often find their calculations to be slightly inaccurate based on the whole food ingredients we use on this site. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on many factors. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible, but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
More Healthy Candy Ideas
Experimenting with different flavors of chocolate bark should keep you busy for a while, but if you’re bored and want some other healthy candy ideas, we have you covered with these tasty recipes.
- Chewy Pumpkin Spice Candy
- Apple Pie Bites
- Lemon-Lime Coconut Candies
- Coconut Cream Truffles
- Caramel Glazed Candied Macadamia Nuts
- Chocolate Orange Truffles
- Sea Salted Cookie Dough Bark
- Healthy Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
- Coffee Macadamia Nut Toffee
- Macadamia Roca
- White Chocolate Strawberry Cups
- Almond Butter Truffles
- No-Bake Chocolate Fudge
- Chocolate Covered Cherries
- Peppermint Bark