FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
If I had to sum up this recipe for Caramel Glazed Candied Macadamia Nuts in one word, it would be that — addicting.
Make these with caution, because they are so good that you’re going to want to eat the whole batch as soon as they’re cool! The smooth, buttery macadamia nut is perfectly paired with a simple caramel glaze, offset with a dash of sea salt.
This recipe was born out of a super craving I had for candied pecans. Since I didn’t have any pecans on hand, I decided to try the macadamia nuts. And was I ever glad I did — I think I like these better than pecans.
Macadamia nuts are definitely a treat for me, considering I try to keep my nut intake to a minimum and they are quite pricey. That said, sometimes a girl deserves a treat, ya know?
The recipe is simple to make and only takes a few ingredients. The key is to make sure the caramel doesn’t get too hot and burn. I have found out the hard way just how quickly that can happen. 🙁
So, just make sure you stand watch over the pan and stir regularly. These sweet, salty, crunchy treats also make awesome gifts, so make a big batch and portion them up for friends. That is, if you can avoid eating all of them first!
Coupons for Caramel Glazed Candied Macadamia Nuts Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
Caramel Glazed Candied Macadamia Nuts
The recipe is simple to make and only takes a few ingredients. These nuts make a perfect snack.
- 1 pound macadamia nuts
- 1/8 cup grass-fed ghee or grass-fed butter
- 1/8 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup mild honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean powder
- In a large stainless steel frying pan, combine the ghee, coconut oil, honey, maple syrup, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla over medium heat.
- When the mixture just starts to bubble, add your macadamia nuts (careful not to splatter yourself — the glaze will be HOT!), and stir until coated. Spread the nuts so they are in an even layer.
- Lower the heat to medium-low (or low, depending on your stove) and let the mixture continue to bubble, stirring the nuts occasionally. The caramel will continue to thicken and reduce. Be careful to keep a close eye on it, as this can burn quickly.
- Keep stirring until the nuts are golden brown and the caramel is thick.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Spread in a single layer on a silicone mat (if you have one). You can also use wax paper. If you like, sprinkle some coarse sea salt over the nuts at this time.
- Let cool completely. I like to stick mine in the freezer to speed up the process.
- Break into pieces and serve. Try not to eat all of them at one time … it will be very hard!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Wild Vanilla Bean Powder - All Natural Pure Vanilla from Madagascar - For Baking Cooking Coffee Flavoring & Smoothies - Unsweetened Gluten Free Non GMO Superfood (1 ounce)
Certified Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
Redmond Real Sea Salt
Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup
Nature Nate’s 100% Pure Raw & Unfiltered Organic Honey; Product of Brazil and Uruguay; Packaged in 16-oz. Squeeze Bottle
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil
Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter
Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, Quality Clarified Butter Fat
Kirkland Dry Roasted Macadamia Nuts with Sea Salt 680g (1.5 LB)
If you like what you’ve read here, please keep in touch! You can subscribe to my semi-monthly newsletter or subscribe to email updates so you never miss a new post. You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google+. Have a question? Contact me here.
how did you store these?
Hi Angela – If they are going to be used up in a day or so, you can just leave them at room temperature. Otherwise, I would store in the fridge or freezer to preserve freshness.
thank you! very beautiful.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂
This sounds amazing! Do you think other nuts would work just as well?
Hi Megan! Absolutely! I think any nut would be awesome in this recipe. Pecans or walnuts would be so delicious! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoy!! 🙂