FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
I have had this recipe for Cranberry Satsuma Relish with Coconut and Ginger sitting in my drafts folder for over THREE years! It got lost amidst all of my half-written posts and random ideas. Recently I was doing a digital purge of my computer and came across it. Thankfully, it’s just in time for Thanksgiving!
I absolutely adore the flavor combo of cranberry and orange. If you can’t find satsuma oranges, you can use any orange you like. You can even use tangerines and the flavor is outstanding.
While this is something that would traditionally be made for Thanksgiving or other holiday meals, I like to snag a few bags of cranberries when they are in season and toss them in the freezer so I can make this and other concoctions no matter the time of year.
Personally, I don’t think there is a bad time for cranberries… 🙂 Let’s dive into the recipe, shall we?
If you want even more cranberry recipe ideas, check out the very bottom of this post for 4 of my all-time favorites! 🙂
Coupons and Freebies for Cranberry Satsuma Relish with Coconut and Ginger
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Cranberry Satsuma Relish with Coconut and Ginger
I absolutely adore the flavor combo of cranberry and orange. If you can't find satsuma oranges, you can use any orange you like. You can even use tangerines and the flavor is outstanding.
- 4 satsuma oranges (or small oranges of your choice), zested and then peeled
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, rough chopped
- 12oz fresh cranberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp. honey or real maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Zest and peel your oranges. Break into segments.
- Zest and juice your lime.
- Place your cranberries, oranges, ginger, zest, and lime juice in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Add your walnuts, shredded coconut, honey or maples syrup, salt, and cinnamon and pulse until you achieve the texture you like.
- Serve with your favorite holiday meal. This can be made ahead and served the next day. Tastes great! Will keep up to 4 days in the fridge.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 47Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 2mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered from Nutritionix and we often find their calculations to be slightly inaccurate based on the whole food ingredients we use on this site. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on many factors. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible, but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Want More Cranberry Recipes? Here Are a Few Tasty Treats!
I am a huge fan of anything cranberry. These are 4 of my all-time favorite cranberry recipes! I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Grain-Free Cranberry Apple Crisp (also dairy-free)
Sparkling Cranberry Orange Ginger Mocktail
Cranberry Orange Sorbet (gluten, grain, and dairy-free)
Cranberry Pistachio Chocolate Bark + Apricot Cranberry Walnut Chocolate Bark