FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
I whipped up this delicious dessert of Warm Chinese Pears With Cinnamon and Nuts after a trip to an Asian market, where I found these Chinese pears, also called apple pears.
These pears/apples are so good! They’re so juicy, crunchy, and sweet with a flavor that really tastes like a perfect mix of apple and pear. They are now one of my favorite fruits, and this dessert is reserved for special occasions when I want something a little different.
The warm pears get slightly soft from cooking and are almost glazed in a delicious, buttery, cinnamony sauce. Add some toasted walnuts and shredded coconut and it’s reminiscent of an apple pie.
And you all know how I love apple pie.
Oh, you didn’t know that?
Well, check out this recipe for Deep Dish Apple Pie with Fennel and Ginger. It’s grain and dairy free and hands down the best apple pie you’ll ever eat. 😉
But, again, I digress.
This Warm Chinese Pears With Cinnamon and Nuts is not completely without a dollop of whipped cream, coconut cream, or vanilla ice cream. So, whip some up, sit back, and enjoy!
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you!
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 2 Chinese pears
- 1 tbsp. grass-fed butter, ghee(replace this with more coconut oil of dairy free or autoimmune)
- 1 tbsp. virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. grade B maple syrup
- ¼ cup sliced almonds (omit if autoimmune)
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts(omit if autoimmune)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- dash of sea salt
- Wash the Chinese pears and cut into segments like you would an apple.
- Remove the core and slice into ¼ inch wedges.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter or ghee and coconut oil.
- Add the pears, walnuts, almonds, and coconut. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and a dash of salt.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes or until the pears are just starting to soften.
- Remove from the heat and serve.
- Don't forget the whipped cream or vanilla ice cream!