FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Spring is almost here and Summer is right around the corner!
With the warmer weather come delicious fresh veggies and fruits full of nutrients when harvested at the height of the season. If you’re like me, you have often ended up with more than you can eat before it spoils, so preserving these foods for the off-season is key.
Dehydration is a great way to preserve food without requiring a lot of storage space. It’s especially helpful in the summer, when produce is at its peak and you can get some of the best prices of the year.
For years, I have preserved the bountiful summer harvest via freezing:
- How to Freeze Zucchini or Summer Squash
- How to Freeze Fresh Tomatoes
- How to Freeze Rhubarb
- How to Freeze Swiss Chard and Other Greens
But let’s face it. There’s only so much room in my freezer, so I knew I needed another alternative.
Enter my Excalibur Dehydrator.
I am IN LOVE with this awesome machine and can’t wait for summer to get here so I can really put it to work.
Now that I have a dehydrator, I want to put it to good use so I have gathered some of the best dehydrator recipes from across the Web and wanted to share them with you today! But first, here are some handy tips and tricks that I have found on how to use your dehydrator and get the most out of it:
- Recycling a Glass Bottle Pantry Paratus Style from Pantry Paratus
- 9 Tray Excalibur Dehydrator vs. Deep Freezer: What does it really cost to store food? from Pantry Paratus
- Tips on Drying Fruit from Jar O’ Honey
- How to Make the Most of Your Dehydrator from An Organic Wife
- Sun-Dried versus Dehydrated: The Comparison and How-To from Pantry Paratus
80+ Dehydrator Recipes To Preserve the Harvest
Don’t have a dehydrator? Amazon has some stellar deals on them. I have an Excalibur 9-tray, which I love, but there are also other options out there, depending on your needs.
Fruits and Veggies
- Dehydrated Spicy Green Beans from Pickle Me Too
- Dehydrated Tomato Skins from Simply Healthy Home
- Dehydrated Tomatoes from Real Food Forager
- Dehydrated Celery from Simply Healthy Home
- Dehydrated Rhubarb from Pantry Paratus
- Dehydrated Peppers from Loving Our Guts
- Basil Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms (raw-vegan) from Jar O’ Honey
- Spiced Pears from Pantry Paratus
- Dried Persimmons from Fresh Bites Daily
- Dried Apricots from Hollywood Homestead
- Zucc-Raisins from Fresh Bites Daily
- Preserved Apples and Potatoes from Pantry Paratus
- Watermelon Candy from The Real Food Guide
- Banana Chips This Tree of Life
- Apple Chips from Fresh Bites Daily
- Tomato Chips from Real Food Carolyn
- Cheesy Zucchini Chips from Real Food RN
- Banana Chips from The Real Food Guide
- Zesty Nacho “Cheese” Kale Chips from Delicious Obsessions
- Zucchini Chips from Fresh Bites Daily
- Cheesy Garlic Kale Chips from How to Just About Everything
- Crispy Orange Chips from Just Making Noise
- Fruit Leathers for Food Storage from Pantry Paratus
- Real Fruit Snacks from Real Food RN
- Dehydrated Fruit from Don’t Waste the Crumbs
- Pineapple Fruit Snacks from Whole Simple Life
- Fruit Leather from It Takes Time
- Kefir Fruit Leather from Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups from Brown Thumb Mama
- Cinnamon Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Chips from Multiply Delicious
- Sweet Potato Chips from Paleo Gone Sassy
- Natural Fruit Chips from A little Insanity
- Carrot Chips from Gutsy
- Munchy Crunchy Veggie Chips from Kitchen Stewardship
- Garlic & Herb Beet Chips from Cooking God’s Way
Flours, Seasoned Salts, Condiments, Sauces, Supplements, Etc.
- Homemade Citrus Salts from Fresh Bites Daily
- How to Make Coconut Flour from Homegrown & Healthy
- “Smokey” Tomato Sauce (raw-vegan) from Jar O’ Honey
- Drying Sweet Basil from Untrained Housewife
- How to Make Tomato Paste from Happy Healthnut
- Dehydrated Eggs from The Homesteading Hippy
- Dehydrated Bone Broth from Loving Our Guts
- How to Make Raw Liver Capsules from Simple Foody
- How to Make Desiccated Liver Capsules from Thankful Expressions
- Make Your Own Soup Starter from Black Fox Homestead
- One Ingredient Liver Dog Treats from Thankful Expressions
- DIY Liver Capsules from An Organic Wife
- “Squashllesauce” from Pantry Paratus
- Tomato Powder from Fresh Bites Daily
- DIY Natural Food Coloring from Eat.Play.Love…More
Snacks, Desserts, Cereals, and Nuts/Seeds
- Soaking and Dehydrating Nuts and Seeds from Delicious Obsessions
- Sesame Honey Almonds (raw paleo) from Jar O’ Honey
- Cinnamon Walnut Crunch from Rawfully Tempting
- Carob or Chocolate Coated Almonds from Whole New Mom
- Cinnamon Coconut Roasted Pumpkin Seeds from Delicious Obsessions
- Cocoa Almond Crumbles from GNOWFGLINS
- Curry Spiced Pumpkin Seeds from Real Food RN
- Gluten-Free and Grain-Free Buckwheat Apple Granola from A Harmony Healing
- Raw Soaked Granola from Gluten Free Cat
- Apple Oatmeal Cookie Granola from Pantry Paratus
- Soaked Maple Nut Granola from GNOWFGLINS
- Vanilla Buckwheat Crispies from Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Vanilla Cinnamon Granola from Huppie Mama
- Granola Breakfast Cookies from Common Sense Homesteading
- Coconut Sesame Cookies from Pantry Paratus
- Pina Colada Bars (raw vegan paleo) from Jar O’ Honey
- Clementine Cranberry Macaroons (raw-vegan) from Jar O’ Honey
- Sesame Seed Butter Macaroon Bites from Jar O’ Honey
- Mini Raw Vegan Carrot Cakes from Good Girl Cone Green
- Coconut StrApple Bars from Edible Attitudes
- Pumpkin Spice Dehydrator Cookies from The Paleo Mom
- Spicy Salsa Crackers (raw-vegan) from Jar O’ Honey
- Raw Flax Crackers from The Rawtarian
- Veggie Jims from Lexie’s Kitchen
- Potato Pancakes from Rawmazing
- DIY Beef Jerky from The Liberated Kitchen
- DIY Salmon Jerky from Pantry Paratus
- Corned Beef Brisket Jerky from Health Bent
- Sweet Heart Jerky from Paleo Parents
- Ground Beef Jerky from GNOWFGLINS
- Sweet Chipotle-spiced Beef Jerky from Nourished Kitchen
- Kombucha Scoby Jerky from Holistic Squid
What are you favorite things to dehydrate? Do you have any recipes you’d like to share? Leave a comment below!
This is awesome! Thank you so much!!
Thanks Lori! Enjoy! 🙂
OK so once again you’ve read my mind. Your blog updates always have exactly what I am looking for! Thanks so much for this I am planning my garden and am only planting what I can freeze, dehydrate or ferment. GREAT roundup!
Awesome Candace! We must be on the same wavelengths! 🙂
Thank you for sharing, I am new to dehydrating food so it is lovely to have a place to come and learn. Are you on you-tube?
Hi Jilly – Yay! Glad the post was helpful! I am not on YouTube (yet), but have plans to get a channel started this year! 🙂
awesome post, thanks for sharing a best dehydrator recipes
You bet! So glad you liked it!
Great list. I was thrilled to find some ideas new to me.
There’s one you’ve missed. It’s a way of turning zucchini into dried “fruit” using only fruit juice. Here’s the link:
Cool Laura! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
i have a new food dehydrator, i like this post, very helpful for me 😀
Awesome! So glad it was helpful! Happy dehydrating! 🙂