FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
We all need more greens in our diet, that’s for sure! Kale is full of many important nutrients, but it is especially good because it contains HUGE amounts of vitamins K, A, and C. Plus, it also has a lot of manganese as well. It really is a nutrient-dense food. Lots of antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer nutrients.
It can have a slightly bitter taste, which is why a lot of people don’t like it. But, even if you don’t like it, I recommend trying to eat it if at all possible, just because it is such a powerhouse of nutrition!
The addition of tostones to this recipe makes for a delightful treat! Learn how to make tostones here.
Historically, kale is considered a “goitrogenic” food, so it is advised to only eat it if it’s cooked, especially if you have thyroid problems. However, I know there is some debate of “goitrogenic” foods and I wrote an extensive post about this myth/fact that you can read here.
Coupons and Freebies for Wilted Kale Salad With Tostones Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 2 bunches kale (my fave is the Lacinato variety)
- Coconut oil for cooking
- Freshly made tostones
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper (omit for strict AIP/Autoimmune)
- Wash and cut the kale into thin strips.
- Add one tablespoon of coconut oil to a large pan and add kale. You can really pack it in there because as it cooks, it shrinks up to hardly anything.
- Wilt the kale over low heat for 5-10 minutes or until the leaves are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a separate dish, whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Once the kale has cooled, top the kale with the dressing and toss to combine.
- Add the tostones and serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Black Pepper Organic
Simply Organic Onion Powder
Frontier Co-op Garlic Powder, Certified Organic, Kosher | 7.76 oz Resealable Bag
Redmond Real Sea Salt
Bragg USDA Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Bionaturae Organic Balsamic Vinegar, 17 Count
Kasandrinos Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil