FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
Editor’s Note: Please welcome my friend Amy to the site today to share another great post! Make sure you stop by Amy’s site to learn more about all things food and natural living!
Well, fall is in full swing and I couldn’t be happier.
Despite the fact that it forbodes the coming winter, fall makes me happy because of the abundance of some of my favorite foods available fresh and locally at the farmer’s market and my CSA.
I find the smells and tastes of squashes and warm spices so comforting during this time of year. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the fall harvest is with simple preparations such as roasting.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler or more delicious. It also makes a great side dish for your holiday gatherings, so make a big batch and take plenty to share!
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and cubed
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- sea salt to taste
- Heat oven to 400.
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast for about 40 - 50 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- That's it. Enjoy!