FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
I absolutely adore roasted vegetables. While I am a huge veggie fan all around, I find that roasting really brings out the flavor of certain veggies, with our root vegetable friends being at the top of the list.
Every year, I can’t wait until Fall comes. I enjoy Spring, tolerate Summer, but ADORE Fall. I also like Winter, but if I had to choose a season to stay year-round, it would hand down be Fall.
The crisp air that holds a clean, fresh smell that comes with the change of the seasons. The gorgeous Fall colors. The cool breezes. Temperatures that are just right for sitting out on the patio with a hot cup of golden milk hot chocolate.
Yes, I am a Fall lover, through and through. And guess what?! As we share this recipe, Fall is in full swing and I couldn’t be happier. I also knew it would be the perfect time to share a super easy roasted vegetable side dish with you guys.
Another reason that Fall makes me happy is because of the abundance of some of my favorite foods available fresh and locally at the farmer’s market and my grocery stores. The summer harvest is drawing to a close and an abundance of root vegetables and cooler weather produce are hitting the shelves and bins for us to enjoy.
I find the smells and tastes of squashes and warm spices so comforting during this time of year. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the Fall harvest is with simple preparations such as roasting.
This recipe couldn’t be simpler or more delicious. It’s the perfect side dish for any meal and it makes excellent leftovers, so make extra and enjoy it with breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner!
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Harvest Vegetable Medley
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and cubed
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (if you can tolerate butter, butter gives these veggies an amazing flavor!)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed (can also use 3/4 tsp dried thyme)
- 3/4 tsp sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper (more or less to taste)
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oven to 400.
- Wash and prepare all of the vegetables.
- Toss all ingredients, including coconut oil and spices, in a bowl,
- When everything is evenly coated, place in a roasting pan and roast for about 40 - 50 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil from Fresh, non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 54-ounce
Redmond Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 10 Ounce Shaker (2 Pack)
Naturevibe Botanicals Organic Crushed Red Pepper, 1lbs - Non GMO and Gluten Free | Adds Taste and Flavor [Packaging may Vary]
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 19mg Carbohydrates: 28g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 11g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g