FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
This simple summer carrot salad is yet another recipe that was inspired by my mom. She used to make this as a side dish year round and it is so fresh and delicious.
The sweetness of the carrots pair nicely with the fruit and coconut. Feel free to play with the recipe and create your own delicious version. Apples and pears are both delicious in this salad, as are almost any nut or seed. Don’t forget to soak and dehydrate your nuts and seeds for optimal digestion.
What is your favorite salad? Do you have any old family recipes that have been passed down? Would love to hear about them! Leave a comment below.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
- 6 cups fresh carrots, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (leave out for autoimmune)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (leave out for autoimmune)
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt or kefir (can also use coconut milk)
- ⅛ cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- In a large bowl with a lid, combine all of the salad ingredients and gently mix together.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Stir together until the dressing is incorporated.
- Let marinate in the refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. The longer it sits, the better it tastes.