Easiest (and Most Delicious) Crock Pot Taco Meat Ever

Share on FacebookPin on PinterestTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page

Learn how to prep a week's worth of meals in less than 60 minutes!

Easiest Crock Pot Taco Meat // deliciousobsessions.com Follow Me on Pinterest

I’m all about easy in the kitchen and this crock pot taco meat is no different. The slow cooker does all of the work and before I know it, dinner is served.

In addition to easy recipes, I am also a big fan of batch cooking. Batch cooking allows me to save time AND ensure that we are eating healthy, nourishing meals, even when our schedules might dictate otherwise. This recipe was designed for batch cooking and it freezes beautifully. New to batch cooking? Check out my post “Batch Cooking: Cook A Lot Now, Save Time Later“.

This flavorful taco meat is great for just about anything – salads, tacos, burritos, scrambled eggs, or even just plain with some diced avocado on it. Yum! It is great for potlucks and the Superbowl (or any other gathering where you need to feed a lot of people at once).

I love to do half bison and half beef in this recipe, but you could do all of one or the other and it will be delicious. This recipe also has my husband’s stamp of approval as a keeper. :)

Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!

Check out these two slow cooker recipes that are also great for batch cooking:

Easiest Crock Pot Taco Meat

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. Thank you! :)
Author:
Serves: 16
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir together well.
  2. Cook on low for 6-10 hours, stirring every once in awhile if convenient.
  3. See, told you it was easy!
  4. Makes delicious tacos, burritos, quesadillas, taco salads, and much more!
  5. This taco meat freezes fantastically and makes fast and delicious dinners in a hurry!

*Advertisements from my affiliate partners*

Short on time? Don’t know what to feed your family? Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes can help! Recipes are 95% grain, gluten, and dairy free and great for busy families.

freezercookingbook

Jessica is a real food wellness educator and the founder of the Delicious Obsessions website. She has had a life-long passion for food and being in the kitchen is where she is the happiest. She began helping her mother cook and bake around the age of three and she's been in the kitchen ever since, including working in a restaurant in her hometown for almost a decade, where she worked every position before finally becoming the lead chef. Jessica started Delicious Obsessions in 2010 as a way to help share her love for food and cooking. Since then, it has grown into a trusted online resource with a vibrant community of people learning to live healthy, happy lives through real food and natural living.

1. I had no idea you could put raw ground meat into the crock pot and it would turn out okay… I’m going to have to try this on busy weekdays.

Angela Parker
    Posted 01/17/14

2. Pinned! WE LOVE taco meat – thanks!

Adrienne @ Whole New Mom
    Posted 01/18/14

3. Do you think if one bought the ingredients for this for dinner tonight but forgot to throw it in the crock pot this morning (oops!) that it would still be good made on the stove top using the same ingredients? But draining the meat of course. I’m so upset I forgot to put it in the crock pot!

jenna
    Posted 10/09/14

4. Do I need to brown and break up the meat first in a skillet?

Katie
    Posted 12/08/14

• Hi Katie – Nope! The whole point of this recipe is to reduce the need to cook (and wash extra dishes!). I just toss all the ingredients in the crock pot and let ‘er go! It turns out great every time! Hope that helps! :)

Posted 12/08/14

5. Sounds great – I will try. If I make extra to freeze – what’s the best way to reheat?

Rachel
    Posted 01/18/15

• Hi Rachel – I just put the meat in a small saucepan and heat it up over low. Stir it often to keep it from sticking, but it works great. You could also re-heat it in a skillet or frying pan too. If you need, add a tiny bit of water or beef broth.

Posted 01/18/15

6. Made this last week. Never been a make ahead of time cook, I am now, the meat was delicious out of the crock pot, and also out of the freezer. Thanks!

karl hansen
    Posted 03/03/15

7. LOVE this recipe too So I included it in my contributor post – “50 Fabulous Grain-Free Slow Cooker Meals” – over at Keeper of the Home. I hope it sends lots of new friends your way! :)

8. I had to fudge the Worcestershire sauce because we didn’t have any on hand, but I found out that two teaspoons of liquid aminos, 1/4tsp lemon juice, a drop of organic liquid stevia, and a dash of pepper sauce makes a great gmo and gluten free alternative. Also, my daughter doesn’t do great with veggies so I stuck everything except for the meat in the blender first and added half a bag of organic match stick carrots. Blended it right into the sauce with all of the spices and my family loved it. She didn’t even realize I hit 3 of her “ew” factors in one fell swoop: tomatoes, onion, and carrot. We had a healthy, natural meal, she ate veggies with no dinner protest and finished in time to actually play a game together before bed, and I had time to play too because the slow cooker allowed me to multitask and save time. This was a big time parenting win. Thanks!

Colette
    Posted 03/20/15

• Awesome tips Colette! Thank you for taking the time to stop back by and share. I am so glad it worked well for you and your family! :)

Posted 03/22/15

9. I’de like to make this recipe for a lunch I’m having with some friends, I would need to double the recipe. Since it needs to be ready before 11 am (I need to be at my friends house by 11 am with the food made), do you think I could set the crock pot on high so I can start it early in the morning?

Carolyn
    Posted 04/03/15

• Hi Carolyn – You could probably start it the night before on low and let it go all night. It should be fine. Cooking it on high might work too, but depending on your roast, it may not end up very tender. I’d recommend low temp and longer time versus high temp and shorter time. Hope that helps!

Posted 04/05/15

10. Do I have to drain any fat off?

kelly
    Posted 06/30/15

• Hi Kelly – I use grass-fed beef in all my recipes which has very little fat. There’s never any to drain off. If you use fattier blends of ground beef then yes, you may end up with some that will need to be removed.

Posted 07/01/15

11. Have you ever substitutes green chilies for the jalapeños? We’re mild-spice folks so thinking that may work? Thanks.

Jeff
    Posted 07/10/15

12. Thanks for posting this! Our kitchen is being remodeled and we have a busy day, so throwing everything in the crock pot so the meat can cook while I do other things is fantastic! The recipe looks similar to what I already use, so I’m excited for dinner time to arrive and see how it turns out.

Shari