This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
I’m all about easy in the kitchen and this crock pot taco meat is no different. The slow cooker does all of the work and before I know it, dinner is served.
In addition to easy recipes, I am also a big fan of batch cooking. Batch cooking allows me to save time AND ensure that we are eating healthy, nourishing meals, even when our schedules might dictate otherwise. This recipe was designed for batch cooking and it freezes beautifully. New to batch cooking? Check out my post “Batch Cooking: Cook A Lot Now, Save Time Later“.
This flavorful taco meat is great for just about anything – salads, tacos, burritos, scrambled eggs, or even just plain with some diced avocado on it. Yum! It is great for potlucks and the Superbowl (or any other gathering where you need to feed a lot of people at once).
I love to do half bison and half beef in this recipe, but you could do all of one or the other and it will be delicious. This recipe also has my husband’s stamp of approval as a keeper.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
Check out these two slow cooker recipes that are also great for batch cooking:
- Creamy Coconut Green Chili Chicken Soup (a dairy and gluten free slow cooker recipe)
- The Easiest (and Most Delicious) Crock Pot Beef Ever
- 4 pounds grass-fed ground beef or ground bison (or a mix of the two)
- 1 large onion finely minced
- 10 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup strained tomatoes (or tomato sauce)
- ¼ cup gluten-free Worcestershire
- 6 tbsp. taco seasoning or Mexican seasoning
- 1 jalapeno, finely minced
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- 1½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir together well.
- Cook on low for 6-10 hours, stirring every once in awhile if convenient.
- See, told you it was easy!
- Makes delicious tacos, burritos, quesadillas, taco salads, and much more!
- This taco meat freezes fantastically and makes fast and delicious dinners in a hurry!
*Advertisements from my affiliate partners*
Short on time? Don’t know what to feed your family? Slow Cooker Freezer Recipes can help! Recipes are 95% grain, gluten, and dairy free and great for busy families.