This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.
This simple summer carrot salad is yet another recipe that was inspired by my mom. She used to make this as a side dish year round and it is so fresh and delicious.
The sweetness of the carrots pair nicely with the fruit and coconut. Feel free to play with the recipe and create your own delicious version. Apples and pears are both delicious in this salad, as are almost any nut or seed. Don’t forget to soak and dehydrate your nuts and seeds for optimal digestion.
What is your favorite salad? Do you have any old family recipes that have been passed down? Would love to hear about them! Leave a comment below.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too! 🙂
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
My favorite olive oil comes from Kasandrinos. It is excellent quality, produced in small batches (with lots of love), is 100% pure (not contaminated with cheaper oils), and tastes amazing. Visit their site here.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
- 6 cups fresh carrots, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (leave out for autoimmune)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (leave out for autoimmune)
- 1 cup yogurt or kefir (use coconut milk for a dairy-free version)
- ⅛ cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- In a large bowl with a lid, combine all of the salad ingredients and gently mix together.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Stir together until the dressing is incorporated.
- Let marinate in the refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. The longer it sits, the better it tastes.