This simple summer carrot salad is yet another recipe that was inspired by my mom. She used to make this as a side dish year round and it is so fresh and delicious.
The sweetness of the carrots pair nicely with the fruit and coconut. Feel free to play with the recipe and create your own delicious version. Apples and pears are both delicious in this salad, as are almost any nut or seed. Don’t forget to soak and dehydrate your nuts and seeds for optimal digestion.
What is your favorite salad? Do you have any old family recipes that have been passed down? Would love to hear about them! Leave a comment below.
Shout out to my friend Suzanne from Strands of My Life for shooting the photo for this recipe!
- 6 cups fresh carrots, shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts (leave out for autoimmune)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (leave out for autoimmune)
- 1 cup yogurt or kefir (use coconut milk for a dairy-free version)
- ⅛ cup avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- In a large bowl with a lid, combine all of the salad ingredients and gently mix together.
- Combine the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Stir together until the dressing is incorporated.
- Let marinate in the refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. The longer it sits, the better it tastes.
*Advertisements from my trusted affiliate partners*
Need some help getting dinner on the table? I recommend these Grain-Free Meal Plans, perfect for GAPS, SCD, Paleo, Primal, and other restricted diets.