FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
I love cookbooks. I am very well an addict with a cookbook collection that is starting to take over my office and my kitchen.
When I received my friend Jennifer’s cookbook, Down South Paleo, in the mail, I was super excited because I know how hard she has been working on it, all while taking care of her family and herself.
This cookbook is jam-packed with all of your favorite southern comfort foods, all formulate to be gluten-free and paleo friendly. Recipes include:
- Dairy-free Chile Con Queso
- Coconut Custard Pie
- Chicken Chimichangas
- Fried Chicken
- Corny Bread Muffins
- Huevos Rancheros
- Pecan Pie Muffins
- Sweet Tea
- Sweet Potato Slider Buns
- Rodeo Funnel Cakes
- Fried Pickles
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- And MORE!
This book is going to whet the whistle of anyone who has been craving those favorite comfort foods after going dairy, grain, gluten, etc. free.
In celebration of Jennifer’s book, she is allowing me to share her recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Chili. With winter just around the corner, this is a recipe that will be made again, and again, and again! Enjoy!
Coupons for Slow Cooker Beef Chili Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 1 lb grass-fed organic beef (I buy my beef here.)
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 large carrots, chopped small
- 26 oz finely chopped tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper (I buy my black pepper here.)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (I buy my salt here.)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (I buy my onion powder here.)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili powder (I buy my chili powder here.)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (I buy my paprika here.)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I buy my garlic powder here.)
- Pinch of cumin (I buy my cumin here.)
- For serving (optional)
- Dairy-free sour cream
- Diced onions
- Sliced jalapenos
- Slow Cooker Directions:
- Place the ground beef in a medium-size skillet over high heat and brown, stirring, until no longer pink.
- Spoon it into your slow cooker, including the fat.
- Place the green bell pepper, onion, carrots and tomatoes into the slow cooker.
- Stir all the ingredients well, then add the remaining spices and seasonings.
- Stir once more, cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Top with dairy-free sour cream if desired, additional diced onions or jalapeños.
- Instant Pot Directions:
- Press the “Sauté” button on the Instant Pot, and add the ground beef to the pot and cook until brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well, then cover and lock the lid. Press the “Keep Warm/Cancel” button on the Instant Pot, then press the “Meat/Stew” button to begin the pressure cooking. It will automatically be set for 35 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Once the chili is done, the Instant Pot will automatically switch to the “Keep Warm” mode. Allow the pressure to release naturally or use the quick release.