FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
CocoGhee? What is that, you ask?
Well, it is a delicious combination of coconut oil and grass-fed ghee, whipped together with sweet raw honey and spicy cinnamon. A perfect combination of delicious ingredients.
You know how some restaurants serve soft, whipped honey butter with their breads? I used to love that. The delicious sweet honey mixed with the saltiness of the butter … YUMMO! I went dairy-free almost a year ago and have not had butter since. It is probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to give up. I do eat some grass-fed ghee, which I seem to tolerate just fine, so ghee has become my new butter. While ghee is technically considered a dairy product, it does not contain dairy protein, casein, or any of the milk sugars (like lactose), which is what people who cannot tolerate dairy typically react to. In my case, I have to avoid casein (so I can’t eat butter), but I can tolerate ghee just fine.
Recently, I had a craving for that soft honey butter and decided to try whipping some ghee and coconut oil together and see how that worked. It was fantastic. I added some cinnamon, salt, raw honey, and boom. This stuff is good enough to just eat off the spoon! Rich, creamy, salty, and sweet.
I have been enjoying it as a topping on roasted squash, and yes, I do occasionally just eat a spoonful of it plain. You could also use it any way you would use regular honey butter. On muffins, bread, pancakes, and more. It would be amazing on my pumpkin spice bread version one or pumpkin spice bread version two. If you don’t have ghee and can tolerate dairy, you could sub butter for the ghee, and it would be equally amazing! Enjoy!
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- In a mixer bowl (either a stand mixer or your hand-held mixer), whip the ghee and coconut oil until fluffy.
- With the mixer running, drizzle in the honey and whip until combined.
- With the mixer still running, sprinkle in the cinnamon and salt.
- Continue whipping until fully combined and the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Serve on bread, pancakes, or any other place you so desire. If you’re like me, you may find you like to eat it by the spoonful!
Read why I love Vietnamese cinnamon here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
KitchenAid KHM7210ER 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer with Turbo Beater II Accessories and Pro Whisk - Empire Red
Redmond Real Sea Salt
Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Honey
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined, Virgin Coconut Oil
Bulletproof Grass-Fed Ghee, Quality Clarified Butter Fat