Like this Post? Please Share the Love!
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Share on Yummly
Yummly
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
StumbleUpon
Email this to someone
email
Print this page
Print

FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.

I am often asked questions about coconut oil, and seeing that it’s one of my favorite topics, I love to answer questions! The most common question I get is how do I use coconut oil? Well, there are a multitude of uses for coconut oil, which you can see in my 52 Uses for Coconut Oil and 122 Uses for Coconut Oil posts. But, the answer I always give is:

Start using coconut oil in your cooking and baking.

Replace those nasty vegetable oils and fake fats (margarine, anyone?) with coconut oil. This is the easiest way to incorporate it into your diet and reap the benefits of consuming this delicious, healthy tropical oil.

I use coconut oil for probably 80% of my cooking and baking. The other 20% is made up of ghee, butter, olive oil, avocado oil, sesame oil, tallow, and duck fat. I use both virgin and refined coconut oils in my kitchen. Despite what many people think, refined coconut oils are just fine to use. The key is to make sure that the company you purchase from does not use any chemicals, solvents, or bleaches during their refining process. Visit my Products I Love page for more info on coconut oil brands.

Looking for 15 easy ways to use more coconut oil in your diet? Here you go!

  1. Eat a spoonful when you need an energy boost.
  2. Replace unhealthy vegetable oils in your cooking and baking.
  3. Take a spoonful with your vitamins to help improve absorption.
  4. Take daily for improved thyroid function.
  5. Add a spoonful to your smoothies for extra nutrition and flavor.
  6. For nursing mothers, consuming coconut oil will help increase milk flow.
  7. Eat a spoonful with each meal to improve digestion.
  8. Use to help detox the body during a cleanse or fast.
  9. Take a spoonful to help with heartburn, acid reflux, or indigestion.
  10. Mix with butter (or use in place of) and toss your popcorn in it.
  11. Eat coconut oil daily to help overall immune function.
  12. Add coconut oil to your coffee or tea for flavor and nutrition.
  13. Use on toast instead of butter.
  14. Use as the base for homemade chocolate candy.
  15. Take a spoonful before a meal to help curb appetite.

This is only 15 of a loooooooong list of dietary uses. Looking for more coconut oil info? I have an entire section of my site devoted to Coconut Oil & Health.

How do you use coconut oil in your diet? What would you add to this list? Leave a comment below! Also, feel free to share this image with your friends!

15 Dietary Uses for Coconut Oil | deliciousobsessions.com

Delicious Obsessions is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Read our full terms and conditions here.

Like this Post? Please Share the Love!
Share on Facebook
Facebook
Pin on Pinterest
Pinterest
Share on Yummly
Yummly
Tweet about this on Twitter
Twitter
Share on StumbleUpon
StumbleUpon
Email this to someone
email
Print this page
Print