FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Roasting beets are very simple and chilled, they are a great addition to summer or winter salads. Their hearty texture and flavor make them a filling complement to a bed of greens and other veggies.
You can make a big batch of roasted beets and then have them ready for salads all week long. I use both the golden beets and the red beets often. This salad is so simple and you really can me it any way you want. Use whatever veggies you have on hand.
Roasted Beet Salad with Feta & Citrus Vinaigrette
You can make a big batch of roasted beets, and then have them ready for salads all week long. Easy peasy!
- Mixed greens
- Roasted beets (cooled and sliced)
- Shredded carrots
- Diced cucumbers
- Onion (optional)
- Any other veggies you have on hand
- Feta cheese or cheese of your choice (optional – tastes great without!)
- 1/8 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice (regular lemon is fine too – Meyers are just a little sweeter)
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Make your salad and top with the dressing.
- When making the dressing, place all ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake vigorously until combined.
Learn how to make your own roasted beets here.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Oh that sounds good except for one odd thing. Lately I find beets too sweet for me! I guess as problems go that is not so bad, but I do enjoy them. Er, did, I guess…