FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Please give Anna from Rules of Dieting a warm welcome to the site today! She is stopping by to share a delicious (and uber-simple) recipe perfect for fall! If you love apples, this is a must-try! ~Jessica
If you like apples, you will love this recipe. 🙂 The other day I bought some apples as I was keen to create a snack that was easy, quick, and healthy. After some thinking, I came up with a super easy recipe… Simply coat the apple wedges with ginger and bake them.
I have never done this before, so I didn’t know what to expect.
Well, it turned out amazing! I love how the ginger cuts through the sweetness of the apples. Perfect balances of awesome flavors! You can also add these apple wedges to yogurt, porridge, as a topping for a cake, etc.
I am sure many of you know that ginger is very healthy. It is one of those spices I call a “super spice”. Here are some of the health benefits:
- reduces pain and inflammation
- fights numerous types of cancer, like ovarian, colon, etc.
- helps with improving your immune system
- helps with absorbing many essential nutrients
- a great remedy for morning sickness
- improves circulation
- and many many others!
So… are you going to incorporate more ginger to your diet? I add it to my green tea, porridge, stir-fries, baked apples, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Ginger Baked Apple Wedges
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- Wash the apples and slice them into thin wedges. You can peel the apples if you wish, but I keep the skin on (as it is super yummy and full of nutrients). Place the wedges in a baking tray, sprinkle ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt on the top and gently mix the ginger in with your hands.
- Dollop your butter or ghee onto the top of the wedges.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven (180 degrees) for about 20 minutes. Check the apples after 10 minutes, mix them around with a spatula and place them back in the oven.
- Take them out of the oven once they soften up and start to brown up.
- Leave it to chill before serving. You can top with coconut whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or just serve plain!
- Don't they taste delicious? If you prefer a stronger flavor, add more ginger next time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 384mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 23g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g