FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Please give Anna from Rules of Dieting a warm welcome to the site today! She is stopping by to share a delicious (and uber-simple) recipe perfect for fall! If you love apples, this is a must-try! ~Jessica
If you like apples, you will love this recipe. 🙂 The other day I bought some apples as I was keen to create a snack that was easy, quick, and healthy. After some thinking, I came up with a super easy recipe… Simply coat the apple wedges with ginger and bake them.
I have never done this before, so I didn’t know what to expect.
Well, it turned out amazing! I love how the ginger cuts through the sweetness of the apples. Perfect balances of awesome flavors! You can also add these apple wedges to yogurt, porridge, as a topping for a cake, etc.
I am sure many of you know that ginger is very healthy. It is one of those spices I call a “super spice”. Here are some of the health benefits:
- reduces pain and inflammation
- fights numerous types of cancer, like ovarian, colon, etc.
- helps with improving your immune system
- helps with absorbing many essential nutrients
- a great remedy for morning sickness
- improves circulation
- and many many others!
So… are you going to incorporate more ginger to your diet? I add it to my green tea, porridge, stir-fries, baked apples, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Ginger Baked Apple Wedges
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- Wash the apples and slice them into thin wedges. You can peel the apples if you wish, but I keep the skin on (as it is super yummy and full of nutrients). Place the wedges in a baking tray, sprinkle ground ginger, cinnamon, and salt on the top and gently mix the ginger in with your hands.
- Dollop your butter or ghee onto the top of the wedges.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven (180 degrees) for about 20 minutes. Check the apples after 10 minutes, mix them around with a spatula and place them back in the oven.
- Take them out of the oven once they soften up and start to brown up.
- Leave it to chill before serving. You can top with coconut whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, or just serve plain!
- Don't they taste delicious? If you prefer a stronger flavor, add more ginger next time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered from Nutritionix and we often find their calculations to be slightly inaccurate based on the whole food ingredients we use on this site. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on many factors. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible, but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.