FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
I am a sucker for homemade mayonnaise and this lemon artichoke mayonnaise recipe is a special indulgence. It is one of my favorite foods. I like it on just about everything, even straight off the spoon.
This recipe was inspired by a recipe that my Dad makes — halibut steaks with an artichoke mayo, topped with melted Havarti cheese. It is AMAZING.
I recently had a halibut steak that I wanted to cook and decided to take a stab at recreating the delicious mixture my Dad makes when he prepares this dish. I have to skip the Havarti cheese, which sucks, because I l.o.v.e. cheese, but this lemon artichoke mayonnaise made the halibut steak absolutely delicious. It is equally delicious on this Lemon Rosemary Alaskan Halibut recipe.
I also used this lemon artichoke mayonnaise on some lettuce wraps and mixed in with canned salmon for salmon salad. It is quite tasty on just about anything. You could probably use it as a cracker and veggie dip too.
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too! 🙂
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
Mountain Rose Herbs is where I get all of my herbs and spices products. Because of their exceptional products and customer service, I am happy to support them as one of my affiliate partners. I have tried many brands of herbs over the years and keep coming back to Mountain Rose.
- 1 batch of my homemade mayonnaise (or 1½ - 2 cups of mayo of your choice - Sir Kensington's is a clean choice)
- 2 tbsp. finely minced fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp. finely minced red onion
- ¼ cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- Make your mayonnaise, using my recipe here (it's super easy).
- Once you have your mayo ready, finely mince your parsley, onion, and artichoke hearts and place them in a bowl.
- Add your Dijon, lemon juice, sea salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder.
- Add your mayo and using a spatula, gently fold the ingredients into the mayo. Careful not to stir too vigorously or the mayo will lose some of it's texture and fluff.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serve over fish, salads, lettuce wraps, and more.