FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
I have been addicted to rhubarb this summer. My mother has more than they can eat, so she’s generously sharing with me. I can’t get enough of it! I recently wrote a post about how to freeze rhubarb and I’m looking forward to having lots on hand during the cold winter. It’s funny because my love of rhubarb is a relatively new thing. I have eaten it in the past, mostly in pies and other desserts, but it’s just been this summer that I have decided to start experimenting with it in other ways. I even like it plain — I like the tartness of it for some reason.
It has been a hot summer here in Denver, and while I normally drink a lot of water and iced herbal tea, sometimes I just want something cold, fresh, and fruity. This raspberry rhubarb limeade recipe hits the spot. The tartness of the rhubarb and lime is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of fresh raspberries. Definitely a great way to hydrate on a hot summer and feel like you’re getting a bit of a treat! Super simple to make and oh so delicious!
A few notes:
- Strawberries would be equally as delicious.
- Depending on how sweet your raspberries are you may not need any additional sweetener. I only put a couple drops of stevia in mine, but you could also add some honey or other sweetener. If you add honey, take a little of your liquid and gently warm it to melt the honey completely. Then, add it to the rest of the limeade and blend.
- If you want a splash of fizz, you can add some seltzer water.
- You can make a big batch of this and keep it in the fridge for a few days. That way, you can make individual servings as needed.
- This, like most of my recipes, is a rough guideline. Feel free to add more or less of any ingredient to suit your own personal tastes!
Raspberry Rhubarb Limeade
This raspberry rhubarb limeade is cold, fresh, and fruity. The tartness of the rhubarb and lime is perfectly balanced by the sweetness of fresh raspberries.
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, chopped (if using frozen, let them thaw first)
- 1 cup filtered water or seltzer water
- 6 ounces organic raspberries (if using frozen, let them thaw first)
- 2 limes, juiced
- Sweetener of your choice, optional (stevia, honey, etc.)
- Lime wedges for garnish
- In a blender or food processor, puree the rhubarb and the filtered water. I put mine in my blender and then blend for about a minute or so.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer to remove the rhubarb pulp. Make sure you mush the pulp around to get all of the rhubarb juice out.
- Add the rhubarb juice, raspberries, lime juice, and sweetener to your blend and blend until well combined. The limeade will be frothy. You can pour it through a strainer if you’d like to remove any of the raspberry pulp or seeds.
- Serve over ice, and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Oh my goodness! That looks stunningly delicious! I think I’ve had rhubarb once or twice in my life, didn’t care much for it, but I want to try this limeade! Thanks for sharing with us!
I hope you enjoy!! 🙂
Please send me updates via e mail…………….thanks….dolores
Hi Dolores – You can subscribe to email updates here: http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=933401&cids=1