Quick & Easy Nut Butter Freezer Fudge (gluten, grain, dairy free, paleo)

This post may contain affiliate links. It does not cost you anything and helps maintain the free information on this site, as well as answer the questions of “what brand do you use?” Please know I never personally recommend any product or service I wouldn’t use on my own family.

Quick & Easy Nut Butter Freezer Fudge (gluten, grain, dairy free, paleo) // deliciousobsessions.com #realfood #paleo #dessert Follow Me on Pinterest

{Making your own candy at home is simply and healthy! Check out this tasty recipe from Raia of RaiasRecipes.com and soon you’ll be whipping up a batch for an after dinner treat! Enjoy! ~Jessica}

I can honestly say I’ve never met a fudge I didn’t like. Dark chocolate, white chocolate, walnuts, nut-free, peppermint… You name it, I’ve loved it for as long as I can remember. Even though I’ve always preferred homemade fudge, my old stand-by recipes included things like a bag of mini marshmallows, sweetened condensed milk, or [gasp] 2+ cups of sugar!

Ever since my clean eating leap back when I found out I was gluten-intolerant, my relationship with fudge has been a little different. Along with my new diet came a new sense of adventure. I was willing to go places fudge and I had never been before. Together we braved the wondrous unknowns of dairy-free, Mexican, black bean, pumpkin… and one of my new favorites, which I give you today: nut butter fudge.

Not only have I been released from standing over the stove with a candy thermometer, but my eyes have been opened to the fact that fudge can actually be healthy!

Can I get an amen?

Just kidding. 😉

But seriously, friends, with all the healthy fats in this fudge, and the immunity-boost from the honey, there’s not much to say no to here…

Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations

My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too! 🙂

Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂

In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.

I get all of my vanilla beans and other vanilla goodies from Beanilla. I’ve tried a ton of brands of vanilla and vanilla beans and Beanilla is by far the best quality I’ve found! Make sure you check out their Bean Bucks Rewards program so you can save on future orders.

Quick & Easy Nut Butter Freezer Fudge (gluten, grain, dairy free, paleo)

I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. Thank you! :)
Author:
Ingredients
Instructions
  1. Line an 8x8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper.
  2. Melt everything together over low heat, stirring to make sure ingredients are well blended.
  3. Pour into prepared pan and freeze until set (about ½ hour).
  4. Cut into squares.
  5. Store leftovers in the freezer.

About Raia Torn

Raia is a homeschooling, stay-at-home-mom of four crazy kids. After the birth of her third child in 2010, she was diagnosed with “trauma induced gluten intolerance”. This discovery turned her whole-wheat-bread, pasta-filled life was turned upside down and set her on a mission to find out what healthy really meant for her family. Aspiring to encourage other moms wandering the allergen-infested isles of grocery stores, she started her blog, Raia’s Recipes, to share her love of simple, allergy-friendly baking (and chocolate). Her easy, healthy recipes prove that eating allergy-free doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive! When she’s not whipping up something new in the kitchen, Raia enjoys trying to keep the plants in her backyard garden alive, hanging out with her church family, eating (allergy-friendly) pizza, and dreaming about all the things she would do if she had an acre of land to homestead.

1. I am going to make these with some cocoa powder and powdered adaptogenic herbs. I bet it will be delicious! Thanks, I have had a sweet tooth for days but couldn’t pinpoint what I was going to make….until now.

Amanda Klenner
    Posted 05/09/14

2. This recipe looks awesome…but I am allergic to coconut oil…any substitute that you’d recommend?

Tiffany Purnell
    Posted 05/12/14

• Hi Tiffany – I think you could use butter or ghee and it would be fine. Enjoy!

Posted 05/13/14

• Wow–love easy recipes like this one! Will add it to the list of things to try!

faganeatspaleo.blogspot.com

Jamie Miller
      Posted 05/14/14

3. I love this Nut Butter Freezer Fudge! So easy to make, plus it is made of only 4 healthy ingredients. Can’t wait to try this.

Anna
    Posted 05/12/14

4. I just made this and put it in the freezer. It smells awesome and I love how simple the recipe is. It really needs to be quadrupled to be of any substance though…that amount didnt even coat the entire surface of the pan. I’ll make more next time!

jill
    Posted 05/12/14

5. This was deliscious! I added a sprinkle of cinnamon too. Mmmmm

Diana
    Posted 05/13/14

6. In the pic it almost looks like it has a crust on the bottom, which made me wonder if a raw brownie crust layer in the pan first might be worth trying?

Courtney
    Posted 05/13/14

• Hi Courtney – It does look like it has a crust, doesn’t it. While this recipe doesn’t call for that, I bet it would be really tasty with a raw brownie crust!

Posted 05/14/14

7. Hi, I’m new to all this..! What type/source of vanilla do you use?

Fiona
    Posted 05/13/14

8. Looks yummy! Going to try subbing agave nector for the honey to make it vegan.

Jane
    Posted 05/14/14

9. Shared on my page looks really yummy! Trish

Trish Carty
    Posted 05/15/14

10. Is that 1/4 cup of melted or solid coconut oil?

Barbara McDaniel
    Posted 05/15/14

• Hi Barbara! You could use either melted or solid. This recipe is so simple that it won’t make any difference. Enjoy!

Posted 05/16/14

11. Wow, these look so yummy and easy!

Peggy
    Posted 05/17/14

12. Could you replace the honey with rice malt syrup?

Helen O
    Posted 05/18/14

• Hi Helen – I’ve never used rice malt syrup, but I am assuming they are similar textures, so I imagine it would work fine.

Posted 05/18/14

13. Sounds fab. could you just use butter (organic) instead of coc oil ? – it is it’s own source of nutrition and healthy fats

Lis Hawkins
    Posted 05/18/14

14. this is in freezer now. i added some organic dark chocolate melted and swirled it on top. can’t wait to try. tasted before went in freezer and tasted amazing.

Amy
    Posted 05/20/14

15. 8×8 pan… ha, this doesn’t even make enough to make 1 inch pieces in a 6×6 tupperware.

Jackie
    Posted 05/25/14

• Hi Jackie – Thanks for sharing! This recipe is easily doubled, tripled, quadrupled, etc. The larger the pan, the thinner the fudge. Cheers!

Posted 05/26/14

16. I just made this with several variations and used a silicone mold so each piece of fudge was just over a tablespoon. My family and I flipped for them!
    1. Coconut oil, coconut butter, raw honey, orange and vanilla flavoring.
    2. Coconut oil, cashew butter, raw honey, vanilla flavoring with mini chocolate chips sprinkled in the bottom of the mold before adding the warm fudge.
    3. Recipe as written with some cinnamon and extra vanilla.

Pretty sure I’ll never eat “normal” fudge again.

Summer
    Posted 06/02/14

17. Thanks for the recipe – I’ve just tried it for the first time and it came out well! It would be great to have a variation that stays solid at room temperature – any suggestions on what ingredients could be swapped or added to make the fudge less melty?

Sylvia Gray
    Posted 06/07/14

• Hi Sylvia – The melting happens because of the coconut oil. You could use less coconut oil or more nut butter and it will hold together better at room temperature. This recipe is designed specifically to be a freezer fudge and is not for room temp storage. Cheers!

Posted 06/08/14

18. This stuff is AMAZING! I actually cut the amount of honey in half, and it’s still plenty wonderful. Once it has been poured into the pan, a generous shake of sea salt on top also adds a great flavor. Thank you!!!

Mel Cherney
    Posted 06/30/14

19. Hey! I just made your fudge today, it was very nice but I had few comments:
    the recipe calls for tinny amount of ingredients, which was a little big confusing to me, since the photo is showing pretty thick pieces. On 8″ x 8″ they came out the thickness of thin chocolate bar. They tasted very nice, I added coconut to them as well.
    Just a note that without milk the fudge came out tasting VERY rich (I mean, fudge is always pretty sweet), and melted pretty easily in my hand (coconut oil).
    None-less, it was fun making the fudge (which I ever made it before). Thank you for sharing the recipe!

Agnes
    Posted 07/31/14

• Hi Agnes – Thanks for sharing your feedback on the recipe. It could easily be doubled, tripled, or more. I’m glad you did end up liking it! 🙂

Posted 08/03/14

20. Just made these as a treat on my real foods journey…so good! I doubled up the nut butter (used chunky almond for a bit of crunch!) and the honey, but used the same 1/4 cup of coconut oil as the recipe called for. Dangerously delicious. Thank you for this simple recipe that is sure to satisfy a sweet tooth!

Alexis
    Posted 03/26/15

21. tried it but I added a tablespoon of cacao and a little extra honey to offset the bitterness.
    I used sun butter.
    And ohhhhhhh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!! Stop reading this and go make yourself some! Quick! Go!!! Why are you still reading this?!
    It’s so good!!!!

Cyndi
    Posted 08/06/15

22. This is so easy to make!! I just now popped it in the freezer and I know my three year old is going to love this. I doubled the quantities and poured it into a muffin tin lined with paper muffin cups. Perfect snack/dessert size for a preschooler! Like little frozen peanut butter cups 🙂

Sarah G
    Posted 08/10/15

23. Please add me to your list. Thanks!

Ulises