FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
These Banana Tigernut Muffins are so moist and delicious. The perfect banana flavor paired with sweet vanilla and cinnamon. Top those warm muffins with a little schmear of grass-fed butter and you have the perfect snack!
I am all about using up leftovers to make something delicious. A little while back, I shared my tutorial on how to make Tigernut milk (also called horchata), which is a delicious non-dairy, nut-free, seed-free milk.
If you’re not familiar with how to make tigernut milk, check out my tutorial here, or watch the video below. I get my tigernuts from Amazon here.
Each time I make a batch of this amazingly delicious milk, I am left with a bunch of tigernut pulp. I wanted to create a recipe that would allow me to use that pulp up rather than just composting it or feeding it to the dogs.
That is how this Banana Tigernut Muffin recipe was born. It is super easy to whip up and these muffins are moist and filling. They are perfect to go with a hearty breakfast or for a mid-afternoon snack to tide you over until dinner.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Banana Tigernut Muffins
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line your muffin tins with paper or silicone liners, or grease with coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine your bananas, eggs, tigernut pulp, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients by hand or with a mixer.
- Let the batter sit for 2 minutes.
- Spoon into your muffin cups and bake for 20-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, and serve.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- These muffins freeze really well, so I like to wrap them and keep them on hand for quick snacks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 53 Total Fat: 2g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 237mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g