Super Fudgy Chocolate Walnut Brownies – Gluten and Grain Free

Super Fudgy Chocolate Walnut Brownies - Gluten and Grain Free Follow Me on Pinterest

Ever get that craving for something and it just won’t cease until you make it?

Well, recently, I had a craving for brownies.

Rich, fudgy brownies.

So, I whipped up a batch of these and they did the trick.

Serve them with a glass of cold milk and it’s the perfect comfort food! If you don’t like walnuts, you can substitute any nut that you prefer, and they’ll still be delicious.

Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations

My affiliate partner, Vitacost, has really good prices on some of the ingredients in this recipe. If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase from Vitacost, and when your order ships, I’ll get a $10 off coupon for referring you. The cool thing about this program is that you can then refer your family and friends through your own link and YOU can get the $10 coupons too! :)

In addition, my affiliate partner, Tropical Traditions, is where I get all of my coconut products from and if you make a purchase from them through any of my links, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.

PaleoTreats

Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and/or ads. We only recommend products or services that we have personally tried and love. When you make a purchase through any of these links, we earn a small commission on each sale, which allows us to cover a portion of the cost of this site. This has no effect on your sale price and is simply a cost of doing business for the company you are purchasing from. All funds received help with the continued maintenance of this website and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! Read our full terms and conditions here.

1. What would the amount of liquid stevia be? Where do you get the powder stevia? Sounds delish!

Nicolle
    Posted 03/08/12

• You know, that’s a good question that I don’t know the answer to. I hopped on Google to see if I could find out and I found this chart. I’m going to print this and keep it in the kitchen! Super handy and I hope it helps! :)

Posted 03/08/12

2. Even though my family is not gluten free, I look cooking healthier, and that often means without gluten, so your recipe stood out to me at the linky party. Thanks for sharing! I also have a g-f brownie recipe if you want to compare: http://practical-stewardship.com/2012/02/22/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

3. Those look delicious!

Millie
    Posted 03/11/12

4. Thanks for posting this on Friday Food Flicks, Jessica. I’m featuring it this week with some other to-die-for photos. :)

Amanda

5. These sound delicious! I’m a white chocolate lover, and sea salt always adds something special to decadent sweets.

Jessica Lymberopoulos
    Posted 03/16/12

• I hope you enjoy! I’m taking it you’re related to Tim? It was great meeting him today and learning more about Fooducopia and the Corner Store! Thank you for stopping by!

Posted 03/16/12

6. I just wanted to tell you I LOVE your glassware. I have the same ones!! :D

Michaela
    Posted 03/20/12

7. These are beauties. I would make them right now if only I had coconut oil. I’ve never used it before, I don’t lead a g-f diet but I am all for doing healthier versions of food.

Kammie @ Sensual Appeal
    Posted 03/21/12

• Kammie – Thank you! They are mighty tasty! You could substitute the coconut oil for whatever you have on hand. I’m not strictly GF, but I tend to gravitate towards GF in my baking. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Posted 03/21/12

8. Hi Jessica,
    Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great Spring week end and come back to see me real soon!
    Miz Helen

Miz Helen
    Posted 03/24/12

9. I tried this recipe tonight. The flavor is great. But mine are very crumbly – it was hard to eat even with a fork. The edges were dry crumbly, while towards the middle almost felt undercooked. Any thoughts on what I did wrong? I cooked for 25 minutes, as my oven was just a touch under 325. And, my BF doesn’t like nuts, so I folded in 1 cup of chocolate chips instead of chips and nuts at the end. Other than that, followed the recipe as is, using the coconut flour option. I’m trying to stay away from wheat, but miss my brownies. I’d appreciate any thoughts on how to fix these. Thanks.

Mandie
    Posted 03/30/12

• Hmmm … That is strange. You know, I don’t know why that would have happened. It sounds like there wasn’t enough liquid, but if you followed the recipe exactly, then that can’t be it.

I’m actually going to make these again this week for a dinner party, so let me see if anything goes weird with this next batch and I’ll let you know. I’m sorry you had bad luck with them. Did they at least taste good? :(

Posted 03/31/12

• They were delicious, so I didn’t mind eating them with a spoon. I crumbled a small one into some plain greek yogurt – a yummy dessert!

Mandie
        Posted 04/18/12

10. I am curious what kind of coconut flour Mandie used. I have found that the texture and soaking ability is quite different amongst the coconut flours. For example, Bob’s Red Mill is very similar to powder, while the kind I have from Digestive Wellness almost seems like teensy coconut pellets. I have not yet tried Tropical Traditions which I assume is the brand you used. Jessica, have you tried Bob’s Red Mill? If you have, I’m wondering how it compares to TT? I think Bob’s Red Mill is probably the easiest to come by and it is super absorbing, so that may be why Mandie’s were extra dry. I have four kinds of coconut flour… I sense an experiment coming on. ;-)

Starlene
    Posted 04/08/12

• Starlene, that is a really, really good point, something that I didn’t even think about. I have only ever used two kinds of coconut flour — the one I get in bulk at my local health food store, and TT’s. It very well could have been the difference in the brand of flour. Flours do change from batch to batch. I actually made a batch of these over the weekend, and I used sprouted wheat flour instead of unsprouted (which I used before), and the texture came out different. When I made these with coconut flour, I’m pretty sure I made them with the kind from my health food store. I’ll have to make another batch [oh, bummer ;)] when I get some from TT again.

Posted 04/08/12

11. I do know from decades of baking with wheat flour that it can dry or moist depending on age, how it’s been stored and also if it’s fresh ground. So… those factors most likely come into play with coconut flour as well, in addition to as I mentioned the varying textures between the brands. I also have a package of Wilderness Family Naturals on hand. I’ve not done a lot of baking with coconut flour but as you can see I’ve been collecting it. LOL! I wonder if adding in more liquid would solve the problems but of course that would necessitate having to describe the batter texture prior to baking. Cooking and baking is sometimes quite a science experiment, isn’t it?!

Starlene