Ever get that craving for something and it just won’t cease until you make it? Well, recently, I had a craving for brownies. Rich, fudgy brownies. So, I whipped up a batch of these and they did the trick. Serve them with a glass of cold milk and it’s the perfect comfort food! If you don’t like walnuts, you can substitute any nut that you prefer, and they’ll still be delicious.
Super Fudgy Chocolate Walnut Brownies – Gluten and Grain Free
makes approx. 9 brownies
1/2 cup pastured butter
1/3 cup coconut oil
6 ounces organic chocolate chips
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. instant coffee
1/4 tsp. stevia powder
2 pastured eggs
1/2 cup organic white chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts
pinch of sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325. Grease a 8×8 pan with coconut oil and set aside.
2. In a double boiler, start the butter, coconut oil, and chocolate chips melting over medium heat.
3. In a separate bowl, stir the coconut flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt together and set aside.
4. Continue to stir the melted chocolate mixture until smooth and then remove from heat.
5. Stir in the instant coffee, vanilla, and stevia powder.
6. Quickly whisk the eggs into the melted chocolate, followed by the flour/cocoa powder mixture. Stir until the flour is mixed in. The batter will be lumpy.
7. Fold the white chocolate chips and the walnuts into the batter.
8. Pour the batter into the greased pan.
9. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The brownies will seem underdone.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting.