FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
If you adore gyros, you will swoon for these easy beef gyro bowls. They are so easy to make and taste just as good (better, even!) than you favorite takeout. Plus, since you control the ingredients you know exactly what is going into your meal. Enjoy!
Hello friends! I am really excited about today’s recipe because of one simple fact:
I. LOVE. GYROS.
Like love, love, LOVE them.
But, I rarely get to eat them because almost all gyro meat in restaurants contains gluten (a fact that I didn’t know for the longest time!). Booo. 🙁
So, I’m beyond thrilled that now I can make my own at home and soothe that Greek craving any time I want. These Beef Gyro Bowls deliver all the flavor you want in a classic gyro, but in bowl form. And even better, they are made in your Instant Pot! And you know how I feel about Instant Pot recipes!
These Beef Gyro Bowls are just one of the amazing recipes in my friend Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri’s new cookbook, The Big Book of Instant Pot Recipes.
Remember Emily? She’s a regular face around here. Not only did she used to be one of this site’s favorite recipe contributors, but she’s also the author of a gazillion other real food cookbooks. Oh, and she’s one of my dearest friends too.
About The Big Book of Instant Pot Recipes
This new cookbook is co-authored by four amazing authors and bloggers:
- Amy Rains of Wholesomelicious
- Stefanie Bundalo of Sarcastic Cooking
- Emily Sunwell-Vidaurri of Recipes to Nourish
- Kristy Bernardo of The Wicked Noodle
Each author contributed 60 recipes to the cookbook for a total of 240 must-try dishes. Here’s a snapshot of what you can find:
- Over 195 gluten-free recipes
- Over 90 Paleo recipes
- Over 100 dairy-free recipes
- Over 25 vegan recipes
One thing I always look for is how adaptable a recipe is for those with food intolerances and sensitivities (like myself). I am happy to report that most of the recipes in this new cookbook are easily adaptable with just a few tweaks in order to make them suitable for almost anyone.
The Big Book of Instant Pot Recipes is a high-quality, paperback that features gorgeous full-color photography for every recipe. Everything was photographed by Amy, Stefanie, Emily, and the super talented Donna Crous of Eighty20 Nutrition. Donna’s beautiful work is featured throughout the book, as well as on the cover.
As I’ve mentioned before, I get a lot of cookbooks to review (one of the fun perks of being a food blogger), but not all of them make it on the site. Some cookbooks just don’t pique my interest enough to be one that I’d refer back to over and over again. But this one definitely does. There’s so much variety in it that it will keep me interested (and satiated) for years to come!
Now, I don’t know about you, but should we head on down the Beef Gyro Bowls? Heck yes! But, before we do, I have something for all of my friends who might be new to the Instant Pot and therefore a tad intimidated. Read on!
New to the Instant Pot? I’ve Got You Covered!
The Instant Pot was so intimidating at first, but can I just say that it is now by far my favorite kitchen appliance? I may even love it more than my blender! I love that I can throw frozen chunks of meat (like pot roast) in it at the last minute and still have juicy, tender meat for dinner a couple of hours later.
For those of you who are new to the Instant Pot, then I have you covered in this video I did with my friend and former business partner, Orleatha Smith. If you don’t have an Instant Pot yet, you can find them on Amazon here.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Beef Gyro Bowls
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- Press sauté to preheat the Instant Pot. When the word “hot” appears on the display, add the flank steak, onion, and garlic. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until the meat is browned.
- Add the rice, stock and lemon juice, taking care that the rice is completely submerged in the liquid.
- Secure the lid with the steam vent in the sealed position. Press manual and immediately adjust the timer to 9 minutes. Check that the display light is beneath high pressure.
- When the timer sounds, quick release the pressure and carefully remove the lid. Serve in bowls and add your desired toppings.
You could easily use a non-dairy yogurt to make a tzatziki sauce. And there is a delicious non-dairy feta by the brand Violife that would work great in this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 428 Total Fat: 24g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 116mg Sodium: 285mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 34g