FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
Yay! It's Prime Day! For those of you who don't know what that is, Prime Day is once a year 30-hour flash sale event hosted by Amazon. If you are a fan of snagging excellent deals (and don't want to wait until Black Friday or Cyber Monday), then Prime Day is one day you don't want to miss! Last year, the Instant Pot was super cheap and sold like gangbusters! Some people got an excellent deal on one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Let's see how many Instant Pots are sold this year!
This year's Prime Day deals span pretty much every category imaginable, including:
- Amazon home services (house cleaning, carpet cleaning, etc.)
- Amazon baby registery (bonus items!)
- Kindles and Fires
- Computers and cell phones
- Electronics and entertainment
- Camping gear and kitchenware
- Arts/crafts and back-to-school
- Bedding and clothing
- Human food and pet food (and toys)
- and SO. MUCH. MORE
Amazon doesn't discount their products like this any other time of year except Black Friday/Cyber Monday. There are amazing deals already live right now, with many more being released every few minutes. If you are already familiar with Amazon Prime Day and want to get started, then head on over to their site here and check out all of the current and upcoming deals.
If you're not familiar with Amazon Prime Day, then let me tell you a little more about it. Here's the scoop:
Starting RIGHT NOW (9pm ET, 7/10/17) and ends at 3am ET on 7/12/17, you can snag anywhere from 10% to 70% (or more) on thousands of products. If there is something that has been on your wish list and you simply cannot wait until Black Friday to get, then today's Prime Day might just be your best time to grab it. Amazon doesn't discount their products like this any other time of year except Black Friday/Cyber Monday.
Now, the catch is that to participate in Prime Day, you have to be an Amazon Prime member (either as a regular membership or a student membership). I have been a Prime member since 2010 and I simply can't live without it. OK, I could live without it, but I choose not to. 🙂
I originally joined so that I could get access to their fast 2-day shipping because I am the type of person who always forgets to order something until I'm already out or almost out (i.e. my supplements, dog food, office supplies, etc.). So, knowing I can get the items here in 2 days offers me peace of mind. And, there have been a few occasions where I must have hit their order processing times just right because I got the items the next day!
Since joining Prime many moons ago, they have added a TON of amazing benefits that now more than pay for the yearly membership fee (i.e. Amazon Video, Music, Reading, and Audible). And they seem to always be adding new stuff.
If you've been on the fence about joining Amazon Prime, then let me tell you about some of the benefits:
- Prime 2-Day Shipping: Fast and free so you can get your items quickly.
- Prime Video: Gives you access to thousands of movies, TV shows, and documentaries.
- Prime Music: Stream over 2 million songs in almost every genre imaginable (all ad-free).
- Prime Reading: Gives you access to a huge archive of books, magazines, and comics that you can read for FREE!
- Prime Audible Channels: Listen to original audio series and exclusive Prime audiobooks on any mobile device.
- Prime Twitch: If you're a gamer, you get exclusive discounts and memberships to the online video game streaming site Twitch.
- Prime Photos: Unlimited photo storage for all of your happy memories.
- Prime Rewards: For those with an Amazon Prime credit card, you can earn 5% back on your purchases.
- Amazon Lightning Deals: Get early bird access to limited time Lightning Deals so you are guaranteed to snag the deal you've been waiting for.
If you're a Prime member, then you are ready to go, so hop over to Amazon here and start checking out the killer deals. If you're not already a Prime member and want to check it out, you can get a 30-Day FREE trial here. If you just happen to be a student, then you can snag a 6-month FREE trial here.