FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Today I am excited to share another awesome recipe with you from my friend Rosalee de la Forêt’s new book, Alchemy of Herbs. Her new book is simply amazing and the whole goal of her writing it was to help more people become comfortable using everyday herbs in their home and for their health. She wants to show just how easy it is to better incorporate the medicinal herbs that you likely already have in your kitchen!
There is a special pre-order bonus offer that expires March 31st. Full details below the recipe. I encourage you to pre-order her book. It has quickly become one of my favorite herb references (I’ve seen the digital pre-launch version). I can’t wait until my hard copy arrives!
- Add the milk and lavender to a saucepan, and heat on medium-low until the milk starts to bubble, about 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the lavender infuse for another 10 minutes. Strain out the lavender, and let the milk cool for about 20 minutes.
- While the milk is cooling, preheat the oven to 350˚F. In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, honey, salt, vanilla bean powder, and orange extract until well combined. (Do not beat the eggs; you don’t want to them to be fluffy.)
- Once the milk has cooled, slowly add it to the egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Fill five 6-ounce ramekins with the custard, and place them in a deep baking dish.
- Pour hot water into the baking dish until the water reaches halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. The custard is done when it has just a very slight jiggle and the top shows some hints of darkness.
- Remove from the oven, let cool completely, and then store in the fridge overnight. Serve cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 187 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 159mg Sodium: 311mg Carbohydrates: 24g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 24g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g
Alchemy of Herbs and The Kitchen Apothecary Collection Bonus
Alchemy of Herbs will show you how to transform common ingredients into foods and remedies that heal. What you once saw as everyday flavorings, will soon become your personal kitchen apothecary.
While using herbs might have seemed complicated or costly, this book offers a way to learn that’s as simple and inexpensive as cooking dinner. With the guidance of renowned herbalist Rosalee de la Forêt, you’ll learn how to match the properties of each plant to your specific needs, for a truly personalized approach to health for you and your family.
In addition to offering dozens of inspiring recipes, Rosalee examines the history and modern-day use of 29 popular herbs, supporting their healing properties with both scientific studies and in-depth research into herbal energetics.
Grow your knowledge of healing herbs and spices. Start using nature’s pharmacy to feed, heal, and nurture your whole family. When you pre-order Rosalee’s new book, you will get instant access to her Kitchen Apothecary Collection Bonus, which includes:
- The Home Apothecary Checklist of herbs you should ALWAYS have in stock
- Four Apothecary Videos that show you how to make Chamomile Tea with Roses and Vanilla, Elderberry Syrup, Garlic Honey, and
- Echinacea Tincture & Throat Spray
- Herb Monograph Labeling Kit with printable labels for all your herb and spice jars
- 10 Herbs to Radically Change Your Health, an exclusive web event with Rosalee
- And a chance to Win a Mountain Rose Herbs Apothecary Basket!
- and more!
Go here to learn more and get The Kitchen Apothecary Collection (you even get instant online access once you register!).