FTC Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase through one of these links, I may earn a small commission on your sale which allows me to cover a portion of the cost of running the Delicious Obsessions site and free content we provide every week. This has no effect on your price and is simply a cost of doing business from the company you purchase from. I only recommend products or services that I have personally tried and love. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you for your support!
Pomegranates have been popping up in my local grocery stores lately and although I love the flavor, I hate the process of getting those tiny arils out of the skin! After hemming and hawing over whether or not to buy one, it hit me. Go the easy route, grab some pomegranate juice, and make some gummy treats! All the flavor of pomegranates without the mess of seeding them. These Pomegranate Ginger Gummies are lightly spiced with fresh ginger and have some Meyer lemon juice for a little tang.
I have always loved to make (and eat!) sweet treats. Before making the switch to a whole foods Paleo diet, I would bake something special a couple of times a month. Creating these special treats felt like giving a gift to my husband and my family. So after settling into the Paleo diet, I needed a new way to make a delicious treat that fit within the diet I was now enjoying.
Gummy treats are so easy to make and they are loved by just about everyone – kids and adults alike! Memories of playing with jigglers in fun shapes will put a smile on anyone's face. What I love most about making these homemade versions is that you can get really creative with the flavors, not to mention controlling the ingredients (*ahem* no food coloring!!).
A good, high-quality grass-fed gelatin is the base of all of my gummy treats. Gelatin supports healthy digestion and is often referred to as “nature's botox” as it will help to strengthen hair, nails, and skin! Gelatin is naturally flavorless so the options for flavoring your gummie treats are endless.
I've posted a number of different gummie recipes in the past. A few of my favorites include: Mexican Hot Chocolate Gummies, Strawberry Mint Lemonade Gummies, and Creamy Meyer Lemon Gummies. I absolutely love the zing that the ginger adds to the sweet pomegranate flavor in today's recipe. These Pomegranate Ginger Gummies might just be my new favorite!
Coupons and Freebies for Pomegranate Ginger Gummies Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. All funds earned go to help support the maintenance of this site and free content. You can view it like leaving a tip. Thank you! 🙂 And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Vitacost: If you sign up through this link, you’ll get a coupon for $10 off your first purchase.
- Tropical Traditions: If you make a purchase from them through this link, you will receive a free copy of their Virgin Coconut Oil book with your order.
Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Vitacost and Thrive Market have better deals. If you like saving money, it's good to shop around! 🙂
Important Note On Gelatin Types
When it comes to gelatin, you don’t want any old gelatin off the supermarket shelves. You want to look for 100% grass-fed gelatin from healthy animals. Just like other animal products, quality is important. I discuss this in detail in this post, The Scoop on Gelatin Brands.
That is why I recommend Vital Proteins Grass-Fed Gelatin products and Perfect Supplements products exclusively. I have compared these brand with other brands on the market and the quality far surpasses anything else I’ve tried. I am thrilled to be one of their affiliate partners and support such great products and companies.
Perfect Supplements offers a grass-fed hydrolyzed collagen (cold-soluble) and a gelatin (hot-soluble). Read my review of their product here or watch the video below. You can order their own products via their own site here or on Amazon here.
Pomegranate Ginger Gummies
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 Tablespoon raw honey (optional)
- 1/2 to 1-inch knob of fresh ginger, grated on a microplane (use more if you enjoy more of the ginger flavor)
- 6 Tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- Place the pomegranate juice, lemon juice, water, honey, and ginger in a large saucepan and heat it to barely a simmer.
- Pour the heated juice mixture into a blender and add the gelatin.
- Process until all of the gelatin is blended into the liquid.
- Pour into a decorative molds or into an 8×8 baking dish and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Once the gummies have firmed up, pop them out of the mold or cut them into desired shapes.
- Enjoy your treats and store leftovers in the refrigerator.