FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
I absolutely love, love, love orange beef. Back in my pre-real food days, hubby and I used to do our fair share of Chinese takeout and orange beef (or chicken) was a staple. In all honesty, making your own orange chicken or beef at home is pretty easy, but if you want the crispy battered pieces then it does take some extra time.
Extra time? ‘Ain’t got no time for that! ?
So, enter the Instant Pot®!
The Instant Pot® is in my 11 must-have kitchen tools, and that’s saying a lot since I have so many favorites. I mean, just take a look at all my must-have kitchen tools for every real food kitchen — all of which have been carefully curated to help people work smarter, not harder in the kitchen.
So, it only made sense to start using the Instant Pot to help speed up some of our favorite Chinese meals. I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot® Spicy Orange Beef, which has quickly become one of my favorite recipes of all time! If you don’t have an Instant Pot, then you need one!
Don’t have an Instant Pot or don’t know what it is? You can find them on Amazon here. Jessica and Orleatha also recorded a How to Use Your Instant Pot video that you can watch below.
Coupons and Freebies for Spicy Orange Beef Ingredients
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 bell peppers (any color you like)
- 2 lbs flank steak (cut into 1/4 strips)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3/4 cups orange juice (fresh if possible)
- 1/4 cups coconut aminos or organic tamari
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 1 bunches green onions (chopped)
- Mince your garlic. Remove the stem and seeds from your bell peppers and cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- Cut your flank steak into ¼” strips and season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to Instant Pot and select SAUTE. When oil begins to sizzle, brown meat in batches until all meat is browned – do not crowd. Transfer meat to a plate when browned.
- When all meat is browned and add garlic to the pot. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add orange juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, and orange zest to the pot. Add browned beef and any accumulated juices. Select High Pressure and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- While this is cooking, dice your green onions.
- When beep sounds turn Instant Pot off and use a quick pressure release. When the valve drops carefully remove the lid.
- Add the sliced bell peppers to the pot. Combine the arrowroot, or cornstarch and water, whisking until smooth. Add mixture to the sauce in the pot stirring constantly. Select SAUTE and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Stir in green onions and serve over rice. Garnish with additional orange zest, green onion, and red pepper flakes if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 549 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 179mg Sodium: 651mg Carbohydrates: 14g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 9g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 65g
Hey AIP (and even non-AIP) Friends! Listen Up! It’s Finally Time for “FAST” Food on the AIP!
Yes, you read that right. FAST FOOD on the AIP! How is that even possible you ask? Well, I’ll tell you:
The Instant Pot!
Yes, this small kitchen appliance will take your healing autoimmune protocol meals to a whole new level of deliciousness and simplicity. You’ll be preparing gourmet, restaurant-style dishes in the comfort of your own home, easily and quickly.
I know, it sounds too good to be true, but I assure you, it’s not. And listen, while this eBook was created for our AIP friends, everyone will LOVE the nourishing, real food recipes in this book, regardless of your eating style.
I’ve done the AIP twice in my life, once for 6 months and then the second time for about 18 months. Both times I found myself struggling with the amount of time it took to prepare my food. And, because our food choices are limited, especially during the initial healing phase, I started to get really bored and stuck in a rut with food.
That is why I am so passionate about The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook that myself and 36 other experienced AIP bloggers and practitioners have put together just for you. We created this resource as a way to help you alleviate the burden of time and energy that comes with cooking AIP meals from scratch.
This is the first digital eBook written specifically for the AIP community using the Instant Pot. This book:
- Focuses on the pressure cooker function, creating fast and delicious meals. Are you nervous about using a pressure cooker? No worries. There’s a tutorial in the front of the e-cookbook.
- Features over 140 recipes, including Broths, Sauces/Condiments, Vegetables, Poultry, Meat, Seafood, Organ Meat, and Dessert.
- Special diet modifications: Over half the recipes in this e-cookbook can be easily modified for Low-FODMAP, GAPS/SCD and Coconut-Free diets. (Charts are included at the back of the book.)
- Packed with flavor with such diverse recipes as: Bone Broth (of course), Cranberry BBQ Sauce, Marinara Sauce, Cauli-fredo Sauce, Bacon Orange Cherry Jam, “Baked” Sweet Potatoes, Cauliflower Rice, Artichokes with Lemon Tarragon Dipping Sauce, Smothered Okra, Creamy Kabocha Squash Soup, Fall Off the Bone Whole Chicken, Mole Chicken with Bluecumber Salsa, Lemongrass and Ginger Chicken Zoodle Soup, Stuffed Acorn Squash, Turkey and Gravy, Speedy Chili, Teriyaki Garlic Beef, Ukrainian Borscht, Sticky Pork Short Ribs, Pork Vindaloo, Lamb and Apricot Curry, Simple French Navarin Lamb Stew, Chicken Liver Pâté, Steak and Kidney Stew, Tongue Tacos, Jambalaya, Steamed Crab, Leek and Shrimp Risotto, Salmon and Sweet Potato Chowder, Poached Pears, “Chocolate” Cake, Pina Colada Tapioca Pudding, Mini Pumpkin Pies, and over 100 other fabulous recipes!
- Written by 37 AIP bloggers who have used the paleo autoimmune protocol to improve their own health. The result is a book far better than any one person could have created alone.
It’s time to stop using all of your precious time and energy slaving away in the kitchen. Eating real food can be time-consuming enough, but adding the AIP on top of it can lead to even more work.
Now you can FINALLY enjoy “fast” food on your healing protocol. Less time, less stress, more flavor. You deserve it. Learn more about the Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook and how to download your copy here (or just click on the image below).