FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
For those following a low-carb style of eating, you may sometimes miss those comfort foods of days past. Most of those foods are typically high-carb foods and they just don’t fit into a low-carb eating plan.
If that’s you, Kyndra Holley’s new book, The Primal Low Carb Kitchen, will be a great addition to your repertoire! (Thanks for sending me a copy Kyndra!) 🙂
The book is filled with delicious recipes, all of which are low carb and will keep you on track with your eating style.
Kyndra does follow a primal style of eating, which is essentially paleo but with dairy. For those who can’t tolerate dairy (like me), most of the recipes can easily be made without dairy or using coconut milk, coconut oil, etc. as a substitute.
- 85 easy to prepare recipes, made with easy to find ingredients
- Full page, color photos
- Nutritional analysis for each recipe, including calories, carbs, fat, protein, fiber, and net carbs
- All recipes are gluten-free, low carb and primal friendly – over half are strict paleo
- A list of simple and creative substitutions for all your old carb-laden favorites
- A list of hidden gluten sources
- Ways to maximize your grocery budget
- How to stock the perfect low carb fridge and pantry with nutrient dense foods
- and so much more!!
My dad is currently on a low-carb / ketogenic diet as he fights cancer, so I am excited to share this book with him so he can have some new stuff to eat. I have done the ketogenic diet before (it’s way more restrictive than low-carb) and I know just how hard it is. I know he’s going to love some of these recipes!
- Caramelized Onion and Prosciutto “Mac” and Cheese
- Italian Meatballs with Tomato Cream Sauce
- Chili Dogs
- Eggplant Lasagna
- Almond Parmesan Zucchini Fries
- Italian Chopped Salad
- Cheddar Biscuits
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- and TONS more!