FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
I love one-pot meals. It means less clean up for me. While I love cooking and creating delectable masterpieces in the kitchen, I DO NOT like cleaning up afterward (and I’m a super messy cook!).
That’s why I have been enjoying One Pot Paleo by Jenny Castaneda recently. This book is filled with delicious recipes, most of which can be made quick and easy on busy weeknights. Plus, the minimal use of various dishes makes me happy because I can clean the kitchen up fast and easy.
One Pot Paleo Features:
- Eighty (80) recipes with full-color photography
- A bonus chapter containing eleven (11) basics used throughout the book
- Six (6) chapters of one-pot recipes:
1. Sizzling Cast Iron
2. Comforting Casseroles
3. Scrumptious Stir-Fries
4. Bake Broil or Grill
5. Warming Soups
6. Stews, Sensational Salads
- Recommendations for ingredient swaps and substitutions
- Tips on weekend meal preps for weeknight meals
- An allergen index that clearly identify potential allergens that may be present in each recipe
- Pan Seared Steak
- Portobello Sandwiches
- Chicken Pesto Zucchini
- Plantain Pizza
- Loaded Spanish Tortillas
- Hawaiian Meatballs
- Austrian Pancake Bites
- Braised Short Ribs
- Filipino Chicken BBQ
- and more!
One extra special thing about this book is that there are 17 healthy, paleo-friendly Filipino recipes, most of which you’ve never seen in a paleo cookbook before. While so many cookbooks recreate the same dish over and over again, One Pot Paleo introduces us to new dishes and new flavors from around the world.
I am super excited that Jenny is allowing me to share her recipe for the Skirt Steak Fajitas here today. I <3 fajitas!
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Skirt Steak Fajitas (+ coupons and freebies!)
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ c (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ c (60 ml) coconut aminos (you could also use organic Tamari)
- 1 ½ tsp (5 g) cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ c (10 g) cilantro, chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 limes
- 1 ½ lb (675 g) skirt steak
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 2 jalapeños, stem and seeds removed, sliced into strips
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 beefsteak tomato, chopped
- ¼ c (10 g) cilantro, chopped
- Combine all the marinade ingredients in a gallon-sized (3 ¾ L) zip-top plastic bag. Place the skirt steak in the bag, press out the excess air and seal. Lightly massage the bag to make sure the marinade coats every inch of the skirt steak. Place it in the fridge to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a cast-iron pan over medium-high heat. Remove the skirt steak from the bag and set aside the remaining liquid. Generously season both sides of the skirt steak with sea salt and black pepper. Place the steak on the pan and sear for 5 minutes. Flip to the other side for another 5 minutes for medium. Remove from the pan. Place it on a cutting board and cover with foil to rest.
- While the beef is resting, scrape off any excess burned brown bits that are stuck at the bottom of the pan. Add the sliced bell peppers, onion and jalapeños. Add the marinade that was used for the meat and sauté vegetables for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn off the heat. Thinly slice the skirt steak across the grain and place it on a large serving plate. Top with the cooked fajita vegetables, avocado slices, chopped tomato, and cilantro.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Kasandrinos 500 ML Bottle Organic Extra Virgin Greek Olive Oil - 2018/19 Harvest - NonGMO Keto Paleo, 100% Organic First Cold Pressed, Single Sourced from Greece Robust moisturizing
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative, Low-Glycemic - Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher - Keto, Paleo, Whole 30 - 48 Servings
Lodge LPGI3 Pro-Grid Cast Iron Reversible 20" x 10" Grill/Griddle Pan with Easy-Grip Handles 10" x 20"
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496 Total Fat: 31g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrates: 34g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g