FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Has depression or anxiety affected you in some way? I don’t know a single person today who has not been effected either personally or through a loved one with depression and/or anxiety.
While it is completely normal to have times of worry, fear, and sadness from time to time, chronic depression and anxiety indicate a much larger imbalance in the body.
Did you know that*:
✓ About 1 in 4 adults in the U.S. — more than 26% of the population — suffers from a
diagnosable mental disorder.
✓ Anxiety afflicts more than 40 million Americans.
✓ Nearly 10% of the U.S. adult population has a mood disorder for which powerful
drugs are prescribed. (That’s about 30 million people on psychiatric drugs!)
✓ Depression, which affects one in ten of us (including a quarter of women in their
forties and fifties), is now the leading cause of disability worldwide.
✓ Medications like Prozac and Zoloft are among the most often prescribed drugs in
the nation. Mind you, these drugs treat symptoms of depression, not the causes,
which are flagrantly ignored.
*stats from Dr. Perlmutter’s new book, Brain Maker.
And pharmaceutical drugs are NOT the answer.
Many people don’t realize that there are a number of effective alternative treatments available for depression and anxiety.
Big Pharma, Depression, and $$$
Depression and other mood challenges have become BIG business. Pharmaceutical companies will have you believe that happiness comes in a pill, as billions of dollars are generated each year from doctor-prescribed antidepressant drugs.
The statistics are both alarming and heartbreaking. Depression has swiftly become the leading cause of disability worldwide. In the United States alone, 1 in 4 adults suffer from a diagnosable mental disorder. Many will walk into their doctor’s offices, describe their symptoms in 12 minutes or less, and walk out with a powerful psychiatric drug.
As a result, nearly 11% of the American population (that’s 30 million people!) are currently on at least one psychiatric drug. But not all is well with our pharmacological approach to mood disorders. Harsh side effects are often ignored. Doctors offer little or no support for patients hoping to go off the drugs they prescribe.
And unfortunately, no one (well, almost no one) is asking what exactly is causing the depression.
Until now, thanks to my trusted affiliate partner, Sean Croxton from Underground Wellness. Sean is a leading expert in the real food / wellness industry and he changes countless lives every day. He is one of my most trusted resources for quality health information and has had a dramatic impact on my life, both personally and professionally, via his hard work and dedication to his craft.
The Depression Sessions
The Depression Sessions introduces you to 22 hand-picked medical doctors, naturopaths, nutritionists, and holistic psychiatrists, who will reveal the latest cutting-edge information and drug-free solutions for conquering depression and anxiety, naturally.
It’s time to get to the ROOT cause of your depression (or that of a loved on) and know that YOU HAVE OPTIONS!
I’ve talked about this free online summit before and today, I want to share with you a detailed breakdown of the event, who’s speaking, and what you will learn.
Basic Event Info
- The event begins Sunday, June 14th and ends Saturday, June 27th. Beginning at
8am PT/11am ET on June 14th, a set of 3-4 sessions will be made available for FREE
viewing for 48 hours.
- All sessions are on-camera and in HD video.
- Sessions are hosted by Sean Croxton, host of Underground Wellness Radio. I’m sure you guys know him by now! 🙂
- All registrants will receive 3 FREE Depression Sessions Jump Start Videos with Drs. Datis Kharrazian, Jill Carnahan, and Jillian Teta.
- Trudy Scott, CN :: Balancing Brain Chemistry: Targeted Amino Acids for Anxiety & Depression
- Dr. Jill Carnahan, MD :: Mind-Altering Microorganisms: How the Bugs in Your Gut May Be Contributing to Your Mood Disorder
- Matthew Sanders, MS :: How to Lift a Heavy Mind
- Dr. Izabella Wentz, PharmD :: Misdiagnosed: How Thyroid Problems Mimic the Symptoms of Depression & Anxiety
- Gerald Roliz, CNC :: Confessions of an Ex-Pharmaceutical Sales Rep
- Nora Gedgaudas, CNS, CNT :: How to Rewire Your Brain and Beat Depression with Neurofeedback
- Dr. Corey Schuler, DC :: Damage Control for Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Dr. Kelly Brogan, MD :: Depression is NOT a Serotonin Deficiency
- Dr. Ben Lynch, ND :: Depression: Is it in the Genes?
- Suzy Cohen, RPh :: Drug Muggers: How Common Prescription Drugs Rob Your Body of Mood-Friendly Nutrients
- Dr. Ann Childers, MD :: How to Boost Your Mood with Foods and Fats
- Sayer Ji :: Natural Antidepressant Alternatives
- Tom Malterre, CN :: Toxins, Free Radicals, and the Drastic Rise in Depression
- Dr. Jillian Teta, ND :: The Microbiome-Mood Connection
- Andrea Nakayama, CNE :: Reframing Depression: A Functional Nutrition Approach to Depression
- Marc David, MA :: The Gift of Depressions: A Psychophysiological and Spiritual View
- Dr. Carol Banyas, MD :: Natural Treatments for Depression, Anxiety, and Bipolar Disorder
- Alisa Vitti, HHC :: PMS, Postpartum, and PCOS: A Woman’s Guide to Depression
- Dr. Datis Kharrazian, DHSc, DC, MNeuroSc :: How to Find the Root Cause of Your Depression: A Clinical Perspective
- Duane Law, LAc :: Depression’s Lessons
- Dr. Hyla Cass, MD :: How to Safely Transition Off of Antidepressants
- Dr. Daniel Kalish, DC :: The Truth About Antidepressants: Helping or Hurting?
Bonus Videos Instant Access
Ready to learn more? Snag your spot for The Depression Sessions site here and jump in with the bonus videos that Sean is sending out before the event starts.
Insomnia Leaves Clues: What Insomnia Can Tell You About Depression with Dr. Datis Kharrazian, DHSc, DC, MNeuroSc
- What questions to ask to figure out what’s causing your depression.
- The most common cause for depression and insomnia … and what to do about it.
- How too much cortisol (and stress) may be hurting your brain.
How Digestive Problems Lead To Depression And Anxiety with Dr. Jill Carnahan, MD
- The sneaky enzyme that could be stealing your serotonin and causing stress and anxiety.
- The root causes preventing your brain from making “the happy chemical.”
- How your gut bacteria might be making you feel tired and sad.
Antidepressant Addiction: How SSRIs Hijack Your Serotonin with Dr. Jillian Sarno Teta, ND
- Exactly how SSRIs work to make you feel good and the natural consequences they have on your brain.
- A simple, free alternative shown to have the same therapeutic effect as drugs!
- What happens in the brain to cause withdrawal symptoms.