FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
You guys HAVE to try these Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
They have quickly become one of my favorite snacks and I am sharing this recipe today with permission from Katie of The Wellness Mama website.
Most of you may already know who The Wellness Mama is, but did you know she also just published her very first cookbook?
A few weeks ago, a copy arrived (totally unexpectedly) in my mail (thanks Katie) and I was excited to dive in.
As I’ve said many times before, I’m a cookbook junkie. I love ALL cookbooks and my collection has grown by leaps and bounds this year.
The Wellness Mama Cookbook
I was so excited to dig into Katie’s new cookbook, because I have followed her for many years. She has a ton of great content on her site and has really become a leading voice in the real food movement.
One thing that sets Katie’s book apart from the others that I have reviewed this year is that Katie chose to self-publish her book. That means she is in charge of it all — design, marketing, etc.
Writing a cookbook is insanely hard work, but to add self-publishing it on top of that, well… that’s A LOT of work.
But, as usual, Katie did a great job and I am stoked to be able to help her promote this great new book.
The Wellness Mama Cookbook contains 156 of Katie’s most popular recipes. She takes real food cooking and makes it simple and easy with her time-tested and kid-approved recipe. Her goal is to feed you delicious, nourishing meals that you can easily make without spending hours in the kitchen or hundreds of dollars on groceries.
Katie has a lot of experience making real food both affordable and delicious. She is a busy mom of five and has her hands full trying to nourish her family without breaking the bank.
Her recipes were a hit here and two of my all-time faves were the chicken piccata and chicken marsala. I am adding these into the regular menu rotation here.
Both of these are dishes that I used to LOVE ordering at my favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. Since going paleo, I can no longer eat there, but it used to be my birthday restaurant and sometimes I really miss those comfort dishes I had enjoyed for years past.
Thankfully, both the chicken piccata and then chicken marsala were amazing and left me feeling satisfied and happy!
I am always on the lookout for new lunch and snack ideas. These Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps really hit the spot. I like to make double and triple batches of the chicken and then freeze it for quick meals when I am busy.
Katie was nice enough to allow me to share this recipe here and I really hope you like it!
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 1 pound of chicken breast or thighs, cut in to bite size pieces
- ¼ cup coconut oil (you can also use butter for an even richer flavor!)
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon natural salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tablespoons (or more to taste) coconut aminos or organic gluten-free tamari
- 3 tablespoons (or more to taste) maple syrup
- ½ cup toasted cashews
- Sliced red onions for garnish
- Bibb lettuce leaves for serving
- Melt the coconut oil or butter in a large skillet and add the chicken (already cut into bite-sized pieces).
- Sprinkle with the garlic, salt, pepper, and basil (if using) and saute until chicken is almost completely cooked and is no loner translucent.
- Add the coconut aminos and continue to stir until the liquid from the coconut aminos starts to evaporate off.
- Add the maple syrup and continue to stir for another 2-3 minutes or until maple syrup and coconut aminos have cooked down and there is very little liquid left in the pan.
- Add cashews and stir until heated.
- Let cool slightly and serve in lettuce leaves, topped with thinly sliced red onions (optional).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative, Low-Glycemic - Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher - Keto, Paleo, Whole 30 - 48 Servings
Coombs Family Farms Organic Pure Maple Sugar, 6-Ounce
NOW Foods, Certified Organic Cashews, Whole, Raw and Unsalted, Rich Buttery Flavor, Source of Fiber, Protein and Iron, Certified Non-GMO, 10 oz.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 275 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 138mg Sodium: 922mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 44g