FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
This Turkey Thai Basil recipe is the PERFECT way to use up that leftover turkey. With the holidays right around the corner, I can guarantee that some people will have some leftover turkey they need to use up. This is the perfect recipe to do so!
This delicious recipe is shared with permission from my friends over at Paleo Parents.
You see, Paleo Parents just released a brand new cookbook called Real Life Paleo and they were kind enough to send me a copy to review! I absolutely LOVE cookbooks (as you well know) and have followed the Paleo Parents for years. I was stoked to be included on their list.
There are so many amazing recipes to choose from that it was hard to select just one to share with you guys. But, I am always looking for one-pan meals that use lots of veggies, so this delicious stir-fry was perfect.
Real Life Paleo features 175 gluten-free recipes, as well as meal ideas. You also get a simple 3-phased approach to help you lose weight and gain health.
The recipes are all simple and delicious so no matter your skill level in the kitchen, you’ll be able to whip up a healthy paleo meal for your family. You’ll also get allergen-friendly recipes and visual recipe indexes to help you make quick and easy meals and meal plans.
From Paleo Parents:
Real Life Paleo takes a practical approach to going Paleo with three simple steps we used to lose a combined 200 pounds and improve the health of our whole family.
The “Swap, Remove, Heal” method is easy for anyone to follow, no matter where you are in your journey. In these phases Real Life Paleo will Swap out old favorite foods with healthier versions in order to replace the biggest offenders in the standard diet, then Remove focuses on removing the remaining foods not included within Paleo, and when you are ready Heal focuses on adding the most nutrient-dense foods and lifestyle factors to achieve optimum health – all at your own pace to ensure success and sustainability within your own busy, real life.
With 175 recipes, there is plenty to choose from. Three of our all-time faves (plus the Turkey Thai Basil) from the book were:
Chicken Fingers and Honey Mustard
This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious! There is no need for fast-food chicken fingers when you have this. Also, I found that this recipe re-heats really well, so I made triple batches and then portioned them up (with wax paper or parchment paper between tenders) and stored for fast meals and snacks.
I may, or may not, have eaten these for breakfast on a number of occasions. 😉
There’s nothing wrong with chicken tenders for breakfast, right? I certainly don’t think so! DELICIOUS recipe from @paleoparents new cookbook #RealLifePaleo. P.S. I discovered these store very well, so I make triple batches, portion, and freeze for fast meals and snacks! Who needs fast food? Not me! #realfood #paleo #nojunk #skipthefastfood
This is a major splurge meal, as it has more sugar than I normally like to eat. But, it will absolutely soothe those cravings for take-out Chinese food. I can’t get over how delicious it was!
Panang Beef Curry
I made extra of this and froze it, as I love curry and it makes delicious leftovers. Rich in flavor, but oh-so-simple to make. I totally forgot to take a picture of this one, but trust me. You’ll want to whip this up for dinner!
- Learn more and purchase about Real Life Paleo here.
- Find the Paleo Parents on Facebook here.
- Find the Paleo Parents on Pinterest here.
- Find the Paleo Parents on Twitter here.
- Find the Paleo Parents on Instagram here.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Turkey Thai Basil
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 4 cups shredded cooked turkey (about 1 lb -- could also sub chicken)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 tbsp. coconut aminos or organic tamari
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 baby bok choy, leaves pulled apart and hearts halved
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh Thai basil leaves (these can be found at your Asian markets)
- In a medium bowl, combine the turkey, fish sauce, coconut aminos, water, salt, and pepper an stir until the turkey is thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- Melt the lard in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add the baby bok choy, bell peppers, onion, and garlic and sauté until softened, stirring frequently, about 8 minutes.
- Add the seasoned turkey to the skillet and stir for about 3 minutes, until the turkey is fully incorporated and heated through.
- Remove from the heat and add the Thai basil leaves, stirring until the basil has wilted.
- Serve over cauli-rice (or regular rice) if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Thai Kitchen Fish Sauce - 6.76 oz
Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative, Low-Glycemic - Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher - Keto, Paleo, Whole 30 - 48 Servings
Nutiva Organic, Neutral Tasting, Steam Refined Coconut Oil from non-GMO, Sustainably Farmed Coconuts, 15-ounce
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 147mg Sodium: 954mg Carbohydrates: 12g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 6g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 44g