FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
Paleo Coconut Cinnamon Cereal.
Does paleo cereal even exist?
Yes, yes it does and I am here today to show you how to make it, thanks to the brand new Paleo Eats cookbook!
If there has been one book that I have been the most excited about this year, it has been Paleo Eats.
You see, it was written by one of my dearest friends, Kelly Bejelly of the A Girl Worth Saving website. Kelly and I have been friends for awhile now and I have seen her develop this masterpiece from concept to completion.
And it is AMAZING.
Thank you, Kelly, for sending me a copy to review! <3
Why You Need Paleo Eats
Transitioning to a Paleo-friendly diet can be intimidating. You may wind up buying new
ingredients that you have never even heard of before, let alone used– some of which can be pretty darn expensive.
Enter Kelly’s new amazing cookbook, Paleo Eats: 111 Comforting Gluten-Free, Grain-Free and Dairy-Free Recipes for the Foodie in You.
Paleo Eats is way more than your average paleo cookbook! Kelly knows firsthand how tough going Paleo can seem at first, especially when bringing your family along.
To help you navigate these waters and smoothly transition your family to this diet, Kelly has included a few special sections in Paleo Eats, including how to:
- Go Paleo without breaking the bank
- Find the freshest, “cleanest” veggies
- Work with new-to-you Paleo ingredients
- Rescue a culinary disaster
- Stock your Paleo pantry
- Recreate your own family-favorite recipes
Kelly takes the scary out of this healthy, delicious eating plan to give you confidence in your kitchen again.
Only 6 short months after starting the paleo diet , Kelly knew she would eat this way for life. Her health issues were under control for the first time ever, but she found that after awhile, she got bored with all the usual paleo fare.
She was missing some of her favorite comfort foods. Foods from her childhood that were no longer allowed on the paleo diet. So in her usual fashion, she rolled up her sleeves and re-created some of her favorite foods, Paleo-style (including the amazing paleo coconut cinnamon cereal recipe below).
And now, you get to reap the benefits of her time in the kitchen.
She has done all of the hard work for you so that you don’t have to try to figure out how to eat a wide variety of mouth-watering, nourishing Paleo meals. Paleo no longer means “boring!”
Paleo Eats features:
- 113 Easy-To-Follow Recipes
- 10 Invigorating Breakfast Dishes
- 27 Satisfying Dinner Recipes
- 17 Can’t-Miss Sides and Salads
- 24 “Too-Good-To-Be-True” Desserts
- 18 Must-Have Pantry Recipes
- 5 Refreshing Drinks
- Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- Southern Fried Chicken
- Lamb Gyro Burgers
- Cherry Toaster Pastries
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Paleo Coconut Cinnamon Cereal
- Battered Onion Rings
- Key Lime Pie
- Ranch Dressing
- Fried Ice Cream
- and MANY more!
My ALL-TIME favorite recipes from this book are:
Bucha Onion Rings (I may or may not have made these numerous times since getting the book!)
They were so good that I even put them on Instagram! (follow me here)
Key Lime Pie
Banana Cream Pie
Coconut Cinnamon Cereal
Kelly was nice enough to let me share her recipe for this awesome Coconut Cinnamon Cereal today (which you can snag below). It is amazingly good and will soothe those cravings for breakfast cereal when they hit!
Make sure you connect with Kelly! She’s a kick-ass lady and you’ll be happy you did! Find her on:
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Paleo Coconut Cinnamon Cereal
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the coconut shreds and sunflower seeds in a food processor and grind for 30 seconds.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, egg, and coconut oil and pulse until combined, about 2
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Cover with a second piece of parchment paper
- and with a rolling pin, roll to ¼-inch thick. Remove and discard the top piece of parchment
- With a wet knife, score the dough into 1-inch squares.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until firm to the touch. Remove from the oven
- and let sit on the pan for 15 minutes to allow it to crisp up.
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.