FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Last week, I shared a recipe for Strawberry Coffee Cake from the Mediterranean Paleo cookbook.
That recipe was a big hit, so I can tell that you guys are a fan of this amazing new cookbook, just like me!
This book has quickly become my favorite cookbook. I am making at least one recipe a week from it and it’s my go-to for my weekly meal planning. The recipes are all amazing, full of flavor, and a diversion from my boring old repertoire of paleo meals.
These Stuffed Cabbage Rolls were one of the first recipes that jumped out to me when I was flipping through the cookbook. I knew I needed to make them right away.
So I did and they were amazing! I am patting myself on the back for making a double-batch so I could have extra to freeze.
Caitlin has generously allowed me to share this second recipe from her new book. I really hope you enjoy and if you haven’t checked out Mediterranean Paleo yet, then what are you waiting for?
- Learn more about the book and order here.
- Check out the 90-page preview of the cookbook here.
- Want to meet Caitlin? Check out her book tour and see if she’s coming to a city near you!
- Read my official review of Mediterranean Paleo here.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Stuffed Cabbage (Cabbage Dolmas)
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 tablespoon butter, grass-fed ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 medium white onion
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- fine sea salt and black pepper
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- For the Stuffing
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Boil 3 cups of water in a steamer pot over medium heat. Steam the cabbage leaves for 3 to 5 minutes, until soft, and set them aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt the fat over medium heat. Add the stew meat to the pan and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, cinnamon sticks, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook another 3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Cover the mixture with the beef broth and bring to a boil with the lid on. Remove the lid and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the stew meat is cooking, mix the stuffing ingredients together in a large bowl. Place 1/4 cup of the stuffing mixture in the middle of a steamed cabbage leaf. Roll the leaf halfway, then tuck in the sides and finish rolling. Place the rolled leaf aside on a plate, seam side down. Repeat until all of the stuffing is used up.
- Using tongs, carefully add the stuffed cabbage leaves to the saute pan. Cover and simmer the cabbage rolls for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the cinnamon sticks and top the dish with fresh cilantro to serve.
Beef Bone Broth Soup by Kettle and Fire, Pack of 4, Keto Diet, Paleo Friendly, Whole 30 Approved, Gluten Free, with Collagen, 10g of protein, 16.9 fl oz (Packaging May Vary)
McCormick Gourmet Organic Ground Cumin, 1.5 oz
Simply Organic Ground Ceylon Cinnamon
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 710 Total Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 2g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 221mg Sodium: 349mg Carbohydrates: 29g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 14g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 74g