FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
I have professed my love for ice cream many times on this site.
You guys probably think I’m silly, but hey, I love the stuff!
While I am pretty much a fan of ice cream in any style, shape, or form, ice cream floats are always a delicious way to enjoy the creamy cold treat.
Since I don’t drink soda anymore (though I must confess, vanilla ice cream and Dr. Pepper used to be one of my favorite combinations), my floats are a tad different nowadays.
Instead of sugar-filled, chemical-laden commercial soda, I now use my healthy, home-brewed “soda”:
Water kefir and kombucha!
Both are fizzy, refreshing, and taste great over ice cream!
New to water kefir? Don’t worry! I have you covered in this Water Kefir Beginner’s Guide.
New to kombucha too? Don’t worry! I have you covered in this Kombucha Brewing Beginner’s Guide.
Check out my favorite ice cream recipes here:
- Dairy-Free Vanilla Coconut Ice Cream – Perfect for those who just want the simple flavors of vanilla ice cream.
- Milk Kefir Ice Cream (Chocolate or Vanilla) – Making this ice cream with kefir gives it a tangy zip, similar to frozen yogurt.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Dairy and Non-Dairy Versions) – Who doesn’t love mint chocolate chip ice cream?! This recipe features both a dairy and non-dairy option.
- Dairy-Free Coconut Tulsi (Holy Basil) Ice Cream – Did you ever think about putting tulsi tea in your ice cream? No? Well, you’re in for a real treat!
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Refreshing Water Kefir (or Kombucha) Ice Cream Float
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- Place the ice cream in your glass and top with the fresh berries.
- Pour water kefir or kombucha over the ice cream and berries.
- Serve immediately!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 25mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 5g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered from Nutritionix and we often find their calculations to be slightly inaccurate based on the whole food ingredients we use on this site. Nutrition information can vary for a recipe based on many factors. We strive to keep the information as accurate as possible, but make no warranties regarding its accuracy. We encourage readers to make their own calculations based on the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator.
Want to Learn How to Make Your Own Ice Cream Perfection At Home?
I’ve got you covered in my best-selling eBook, The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats: Delicious and Easy Dairy-Free Recipes, Plus Tips and Tricks for Homemade Ice Cream Perfection!
When the weather gets warm, nothing is more delicious than a bowl of cold ice cream or a delicious frozen treat. But, when you’re on a restricted diet, finding treats that are suitable for your needs can be tricky. Plus, what happens when you want to make ice cream, but don’t own an ice cream maker? Can you still make tasty treats without all the special equipment?
Yes! You can!
That is why I created The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook! I, myself, am on a restricted diet for health reasons and when the weather starts warming up over 65 F, I start to get cranky. ? I am definitely a cool weather gal and one way to keep me sane and satisfied during the height of summer is knowing that I can make something delicious, at home, using healthy ingredients that fit my lifestyle.
All of the recipes in this book are dairy, grain, and gluten free. They can easily be modified for the autoimmune protocol as well, making them extra special for those on super restricted diets.
In The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook, You Will Learn:
- Why making your own ice cream and frozen treats at home is better than buying them at the store (even the organic ones!).
- Tips and tricks for homemade ice cream success.
- How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker (it’s easier than you think!).
- Delicious dairy-free recipes the whole family will love (recipes are also gluten and free and can easily be adapted for the autoimmune protocol as well).
- Extensive resource suggestions for real food, wellness, and beyond.
Don’t let another summer or special occasion pass you by. No longer will you have to watch your friends and family indulge on their favorite frozen treats while you sit on the sidelines due to your dietary restrictions.
Now you can enjoy creamy, delicious, and allergen-friendly frozen treats once again with The Splendid Scoop.