FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
For me, there’s nothing better.
But, when you’re following a restrictive diet of any sorts, including the autoimmune paleo protocol, ice cream is pretty much off limits.
That makes me sad.
Very, very sad. 🙁
But, NOT ANYMORE!
Thanks to two fellow paleo bloggers and real food experts, Jennifer Robins and Vivian Cheng, we can all enjoy a sweet frozen treat, regardless of what type of dietary restrictions we have!
Jennifer and Vivian just released their brand new eBook, We Can ALL Scream for Ice Cream, and were kind enough to send me a copy to check out.
Let me just say.
This eBook is fantastic.
The recipes are delicious and the design is excellent. The photos make your mouth water and the ingredients are ALL things that people on restricted diets (aka ME!) can eat!
Now You Can Have Your Ice Cream and Eat it Too!
Do you have food sensitivities? Can’t eat dairy, eggs, or any of the other top 8 allergens? Do you follow the Paleo Autoimmune Diet? A vegan diet? Or maybe just a clean diet free of processed foods, food dyes and other additives?
You may have thought creamy delicious ice cream was a thing of the past, but now it’s not! In a perfect world, desserts could be avoided 100% of the time. In the real world, people want the opportunity to indulge, especially during celebratory events such as birthdays, promotions, graduations, and anniversaries. However, treats seem near impossible when you have to avoid:
- Tree nuts (coconut is not a tree nut)
- Artificial flavors
- Artificial colors
- Excess fructose
- and even Chocolate
Vivian and Jennifer wrote this book specifically with the paleo autoimmune diet in mind.
The autoimmune protocol takes the Paleo diet — a diet that eliminates grains, legumes and processed foods — a step further by also eliminating foods that are common food intolerances: dairy, eggs, nuts, seeds, and nightshades. These foods cause sensitivity reactions because they can irritate and inflame the walls of your intestines and over time, they can increase the permeability of the intestinal walls to make the gut more ‘leaky’ and cause autoimmune reactions or other inflammatory conditions.
If you’re going to indulge, these allergen-free, and refined-sugar-free recipes will certainly reduce the chance of a bad reaction afterward. To help you make an informed decision about whether or not you want to partake in a particular recipe in this eBook, they’ve even included an estimation of the amount of fructose per serving on each recipe!
What Kind of Recipes Are We Talking About Here?
Ummm. Delicious recipes? 😉
The book includes recipes for ice cream and sorbet, but eating out of a ceramic bowl is boring, so why not put that delicious treat in a homemade ice cream cone or waffle bowl?
Or, don’t want ice cream but still want a cold, refreshing treat? They have you covered with a section of popsicle recipes.
And, if that’s not enough, they have a whole section devoted to sundaes, garnishes, and some other tasty treats (like sea salted caramel bonbons).
Rich and Creamy Mint Chip Ice Cream
One of my all time favorite ice creams is Mint Chip and Jennifer and Vivian have allowed me to share this recipe from their book today! After I devour a batch of this, I am going to whip up a batch of:
- Tangerine Dream Ice Cream
- Jasmine-Tulsi Ice Cream
- Lemon Basil Sorbet
- Sea Salted Caramel Bonbons
Delicious Obsessions Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
If you don’t have an ice cream maker and want one, these are some great options:
- Cuisinart Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream Maker (I have this one and LOVE it!)
- Hamilton Beach (68880) Ice Cream Maker
- Hamilton Beach (68320) Ice Cream Maker
- Pre-freeze your ice cream maker’s insulated container. Or if you do not have an ice cream maker, place a baking dish in the freezer. Make your ‘chips’ by combining the coconut oil and carob powder in a shallow dish, and place it in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until completely frozen.
- In a blender or food processor, combine your coconut milk, peppermint extract, mint leaves, and maple syrup. If you want
- a greener looking ice cream, add in the fresh baby spinach. Blend until the leaves are well combined and your mixture is
- Remove your frozen carob mixture from the freezer, and break up the thin, frozen layer into chips with your hands or a fork.
- Add chips to ice cream mixture. If using an ice cream maker: pour mixture into ice cream maker and follow the directions for your machine. Serve when ready.
- — or —
- If not using an ice cream maker: pour mixture into a baking dish, and place it in the freezer. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and stir it well with a rubber spatula, making sure to break up any hard, frozen sections. You can also use an immersion blender, in your baking dish to do this. Place the mixture back in the freezer.
- Every 30–45 minutes, check the ice cream mixture and mix or churn it, until the ice cream is of the desired consistency. This should take about 2 to 3 hours.
- Freeze longer for a harder ice cream, or allow to thaw slightly before serving for a softer texture.
Has this recipe tickled your fancy? Ready to see even more? Then hop over to their site where you can learn more and buy your own copy today!
We Can ALL Scream For Ice Cream is for you if:
- You follow the Paleo Autoimmune Diet or an anti-inflammatory diet
- You follow a vegan diet
- You, a loved one, or multiple family members have different food restrictions or food allergies
- You want to eliminate processed foods from your treats
- You want a treat that EVERYONE can eat
- You love ice cream!
Questions? I Have Answers!
Q: What does this ebook include?
- Detailed information about the authors and why they chose to write this book
- What is the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet?
- A word about treats and the Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP)
- Tips for choosing quality ingredients
- Tips & tricks for making ice cream without an ice cream maker
- 10 ice cream & sorbet recipes
- 3 popsicle recipes
- 11 recipes of sundaes, other treats and garnishes
Q: Who can eat these recipes?
Anyone and everyone! All of the recipes are free of the top 8 most comment allergens, but they are so amazing that ANYONE will enjoy them, restricted diet or not.
Q: Do I need a special device to view this eBook?
Nope! The ebook comes in PDF format and can easily be viewed on a wide range of electronic devices. If you don’t have an electronic reader, you can simply open the PDF on your computer.
Q: Can I print this eBook?
Absolutely! It is formatted to print well and contains 63 pages. Print double-sided to conserve paper.
Q: What if I don’t like it?
Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. Go ahead and enjoy the delicious recipes in this eBook and if you’re not happy for any reason, just let Vivian and Jennifer know within 30 days, and we will issue you a prompt refund, no questions asked.