FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Editor’s Note: Please welcome my friend Hannah to the site today for another great blog post! Hannah is the founder of Whole Simple Life and is a formerly sick and tired Mama who is reclaiming her health naturally, one step at a time. She teaches others about cultured foods, unprocessed, and sugar free eating, green smoothies, and stress and anxiety management! Stop by her site to join her for lots of great articles on natural health and wellness and to be inspired to lead a healthier more positive life!
If you are ready to learn even more about essential oils and how to use them safely, please join my special essential oils newsletter here.
There is something very comforting about knowing that you can have your own little natural medicine cabinet in your own home with the tools to heal many ailments and solve many problems in your home.
I’m excited to have the opportunity to do a 5 part series on the 5 most versatile oils to use in your home on a daily basis. Lavender oil is the most versatile essential oil and definitely a must have in any home which is why I’ve decided to start off the series with lavender.
DISCLAIMER: Before we get started, due to the FDA and FTC laws on health claims, I need to make this very clear. None of the information in this post is to be construed as medical advice. I am not a doctor or certified medical practitioner of any sort. These uses are not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. You should always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, supplements, or exercise routine. For a full disclaimer, please read this site’s Terms and Conditions.
This article will only begin to scratch the surface on the uses of lavender oil. In the interest of time, my goal is to give you enough information to help you feel confident to start using oils in your home today.
Lavender oil has many properties that are beneficial to the body.
Before we get started, it’s important to know that to receive these therapeutic benefits you must use high-quality, pure essential oils. Not all essential oils are created equal and there are more than one good brand out there but just do your research first and go with what feels right.
Let’s get started!
Practical Uses For Lavender Essential Oil
- Calming and Relaxing: Place a couple drops of pure lavender oil in your hands and rub together, cup and inhale. Place a drop on your wrist and rub wrists together. Place a drop behind your ears, diffuse with a diffuser, or sniff directly from bottle.
- Improves Sleep: Place 1 drop of oil on your pillow or diffuse in your room. You can also place a few drops of oil in a glass spray bottle with 1/4 c. water, shake, and spritz your sheets before bed. I’ve used a drop of lavender oil on my kids pillows to help them get to sleep. Just be wary that too much lavender oil on children can have a stimulating effect. I have a friend who can attest to this!
- Aches and Pains: Place 1 c. epsom salt and 2 drops lavender oil in a warm tub for a soothing bath.
- Supports Healthy Skin: Add 1-2 drops of lavender oil to a carrier oil like almond oil and message over the skin. Can be used on occasional skin irritations by applying a drop of lavender oil directly on the area and gently massaging it in.
- Alleviates Mild Skin Discomfort: Dilute 2-3 drops of lavender oil with 1 t. almond or coconut oil and gently rub on area. Check out this post for the top 10 natural home remedies for skin discomfort.
- Body Care Products: Because lavender oil is so great for the skin it can be used in lots of body care products like sugar scrubs, body butters, bath salts, arnica salve, and even deodorant.
I hope you now have a few new ideas for how you can get started using lavender essential oil. I know it can be super overwhelming to know HOW to use oils because there are so many oils, and even more uses. Hopefully you now have the confidence to start using lavender oil daily in your home. This post just scratches the realm of possibilities when it comes to lavender’s uses!
For more information about the essential oils I use for myself and my family, click here or the image below.
Thank you for this info. I’m still pretty new to essential oils so its really helpful.
Great! So glad the post was helpful! 🙂
Just wondering if lavendar oil helps with severe Psoriasis and what oil can be used to help with depression?
Hi Anna – Lavender is well know to support skin health, so it might. I am not sure what essential oils would help with depression though. I am sorry I can’t be of more assistance! 🙁
Hi Anna,Frankincense and Sandalwood both work great for depression. I use oils daily and I love the Frankincense for my depression. I know other people that swear how good Sandalwood worked for theirs. Hope this was helpful for you..