FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
What kid doesn’t love chocolate pudding?
I can still remember my mom’s smooth, thick homemade version. I loved it! In this simple recipe twist, I pair two of my favorite things: chocolate pudding and sweet potatoes!
Since my family shares my love of sweet potatoes, I like to bake up a bunch of them at a time. Some of the potatoes get served for dinner, and whatever doesn’t get eaten I cool and stick in the fridge to make into sweet potato cookies, or this yummy chocolate pudding.
Sweet potatoes are naturally high in potassium, a critical electrolyte that helps our muscles function properly, and beta-carotene, which our bodies convert into vitamin A (and we all know what that’s good for – our eyes!). Since vitamin A is fat-soluble, I’ve added a little healthy coconut oil to this pudding to help our bodies properly digest the overflowing amounts (plus, I just really like coconut oil).
Also contained in the mighty orange tuber are calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus, which work together for healthy bones, and betaine, which helps our cells retain water.
And of course, chocolate pudding’s nutritional benefit is in the form of happiness, which aids in digestion and overall well-being. 😉
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations for Easy Sweet Potato Chocolate Pudding
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Serve (doesn't get much easier than this, eh?)!