FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
I used to hate Brussels sprouts.
They were so gross tasting to me, though I was always fascinated at what perfect little mini-cabbages they were.
They say your taste buds change throughout your life and that certainly has been true for me. Two foods I used to detest that I now love: Brussels sprouts and beets.
I eat a lot of roasted veggies. Something about roasting really brings out the flavors of the vegetables. I use pretty much the same seasoning for all of my roasted veggie dishes.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, eh?
This marinade is simple and delicious and honestly tastes good on just about anything you want to put it on. I prefer the taste of white balsamic to regular balsamic, but if you don’t have (or can’t find) the white variety, use regular balsamic.
Delicious Obsessions Trusted Product Recommendations
I am always asked about my favorite ingredients and what I use in my own kitchen. I have linked to the products from my affiliate partners that I personally use and recommend. And now, here are the special coupon offers that select affiliate partners are currently offering:
- Thrive Market: If you sign up through this link, you will get 15% OFF your first order.
- Amazon, of course, has everything you need for this recipe. Their prices are often very good, though I love to shop around and sometimes find that Thrive Market has better deals. If you like saving money, it’s good to shop around! 🙂
- I get all of my herbs and spices from Mountain Rose Herbs. I have tried so many other brands and have never found the quality, flavor, and aroma to be as good as the herbs I get from Mountain Rose.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- ½ cup expeller-pressed coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 tsp. dried lemon thyme (or regular thyme)
- 2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. honey
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- ¾ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375° F
- Wash your Brussels sprouts and cut them in half or quarters.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your coconut oi, balsamic, lemon juice, lemon zest, honey, thyme, rosemary, garlic, onion, sea salt, and black pepper until well combined.
- Add your Brussels sprouts and toss until coated. Let the sprouts sit in the marinade for 15 to 20 minutes, so they infuse with the flavors.
- Spread out in a glass baking dish and pour any excess marinade over the sprouts.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until your sprouts are tender.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite meal. These taste great re-heated as well.