FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
It’s Time to Heal Your Gut
Many of you know that I have been on a journey to reclaim my heath, as I was diagnosed with an autoimmune thyroid disease called Hashimoto’s last summer. The very first place that I started when I began to work on healing my body was my gut. I knew that without healing my gut, healing my body would not be possible. I have been documenting my journey and you can read my posts here.
When I first started on my journey to heal my gut and improve my digestion, I hired Lydia from Divine Health as my nutritional therapist. I had become friends with Lydia through her blog, and I knew her training and passion in this area would be a good fit for my health journey. Yes, there is a lot that I can learn just by going to Google, but frankly, I was overwhelmed, frustrated, and a little scared with the diagnosis and the changes I needed to make. It was information overload and I knew I needed help sorting through it. Lydia not only offered the professional guidance I needed, but she also became a dear friend. She is now offering her wildly popular Heal Your Gut eCourse again and I sincerely hope you’ll check it out. If you or a loved one are facing any sort of health issue or are just feeling like your digestion is a little out of whack, then this course can help you. Considering the toxic world we live in with poor quality food, lots of stress, etc., I truly believe that every single person alive could benefit from healing their gut and working on digestion. True health begins in the gut, so no matter what health issue you are facing, healing your gut is key.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Because of the success I have experienced working with Lydia, I have teamed up with her as one of my affiliate partners and now promote her services to others. As an affiliate partner, I may earn a small commission on each new client she retains as a referral from me. This does not affect your price in any way, it’s simply a cost of doing business for the affiliate partner. I never recommend products, services, or brands that I have not personally tried and stand behind.
The Key to Health Lies in the Gut
Do you experience any of these digestive complaints/symptoms on a regular basis?
- Belching or gas within one hour of eating
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Bloating within one hour of eating
- Bad breath
- A sense of excess fullness after meals
- Sleep after meals
- Stomach pains of cramps
- Chronic diarrhea
- Undigested food in stool
- Sweat with a strong odor
- Light or clay colored stools
- Food allergies
- Alternating constipation and diarrhea
- Pain between your shoulder blades
- A history of morning sickness
- Pain under right side of rib cage
- Hemorrhoids or varicose veins
- A pulse that speeds up after eating
- Crohn’s disease
- Itchy anus
- Less than one bowel movement per day, or constipation
- Blood or mucus in your stool
- Excessive foul smelling lower bowel gas
- Cramping in lower abdominal region……………
If you answered yes to any of the above, this online course could really benefit you and help you to resolve your health maladies. Many symptoms of gut dysbiosis don’t even resemble digestive complaints. Not to mention, having optimally functioning digestion is the KEY to overall health and resolving major health issues not seemingly related to digestion, along with autoimmune diseases.
START ON YOUR DIGESTIVE HEALTH JOURNEY WITH LYDIA TODAY!
My name is Lydia Shatney, and I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner offering my online course; ‘Heal Your Gut‘ for anyone in need of support to work through plaguing health problems. Having worked through many of my own health and digestive issues, I can really understand the importance of support for those that need direction and guidance. Finding answers can be so tedious and time consuming, it’s so much better when you’ve got someone trained to help right by your side. That’s my goal in this course, to walk you step-by-step through ways to support yourself and find your way to a happier, healthier you!
5 Topics ‘Heal Your Gut’ Will Cover
- Healthy Elimination (Bowel Movements)– Maybe you’ve heard the phrase “Death begins in the colon”. It’s critical to have healthy bowel movements daily to keep wastes from wreaking havoc on your overall health. It is really, really important not to go more than 24-36 hours without having a bowel movement. Did you know that constipation affects up to 28% of Americans? (I suspect that percentage is actually much higher). Learn how to get your bowels working optimally on a daily basis, and watch your entire health improve as well. (Read: ‘Are You Constipated? Tips To Keep Things Moving‘)
- Food Sensitivities, Intolerances & Allergies – ‘It is estimated that 10 to 20 percent of us have food sensitivities. Food sensitivity reactions, also called delayed hypersensitivity reactions and in the past called “serum sickness”, occur when IgA, IgG and IgM antibodies are triggered in response to foods, chemicals, and bacterial toxins. The most common antibody reactions are IgG to mold and foods; exposure to molds and foods is quite high compared to pollens. These IgA, IgM and IgG responses are called “delayed” sensitivity reactions because the symptoms they cause can take from several hours to several days to appear, which makes it very difficult to track down the offending food or substance.‘ Learn why food sensitivities often occur, how to test for them and how to eliminate problematic foods. Most everyone alive today has several food sensitivities they are not aware of that could be hampering their health.
- Fermented Cultured Foods & Probiotics -Fermented foods can aid with digestion at every step of the way! Fermentation offers immense health benefits, such as; Probiotics, Enzymes, Beneficial Strains of Yeasts, Easily assimilated & enhanced nutrients – such as vitamins and minerals, Beneficial acids, Predigest/Break down the foods for easier assimilation as well as neutralize the harmful aspects of the given food and they also help with preserving the harvest – fresh food year round. The bioavailability of nutrients in our food is improved by the fermentation process. Bioavailability is how available nutrients are for our bodies to absorb. Fermented foods allow for nutrients to be more easily absorbed as they essentially predigest the food for us. I’ll teach you the basics on how to get started with proper anaerobic fermentation. Finding the right probiotic supplement can be tricky – I’ll teach you why you may need to supplement, what supplements are best and how to implement probiotics. (Read: Probiotics 101 for a small sampling of some of the material that will be covered in this course).
- Holistic Treatment Options For Candida– Did you know that 1/3 of the world’s population is affected by candidiasis? Candida is a fungal infection, and is a type of fungi that belongs to the yeast family which is why it is commonly called a yeast infection. Candida is found in most everyone and in small amounts should still allow a person to be in good health. It is a yeast found in our guts and in the vagina as well. Normally, it is controlled by good microbes and causes no complications. It’s when one goes through antibiotics or is on the birth control pill that candida can grow and get out of hand if not treated properly. Take this Candida Questionnaire if you feel candida is an issue you need to tackle. In this course, I’ll cover a safe approach to treating candida with food and supplements.
- How To Heal Leaky Gut -What Supplements To Use.
Anything that can overstimulate the pores in the lining of the gut and keep them open too long is said to cause leaky gut. Things like; food allergies, alcoholism, Celiac Disease, certain drugs, Giardia and other parasites, Intensive illnesses, Malnutrition, Pancreatitis and many more!
Learn all the why’s and hows of why you may have a leaky gut, how to find out and heal it in this course!
You will learn more about all of these 5 topics and MUCH MORE in this amazingly insightful course (see the course outline here)! Plus, have access to a private Facebook group for further support from both myself and others on the same journey to health! Not on Facebook, that’s okay – you can ask your questions on the site after any lesson and I’ll answer them.
For anyone who is interested in this course and signs up through one of my affiliate links, you will receive a FREE copy of my brand new eBook, Keeping it Real. This is a special just for those interested in healing their gut. The eBook contains 85 gluten and grain free recipes for the whole family, as well as handy tips and tricks for getting started on a real food diet. To receive your free book, just email me your receipt after you’ve signed up and I will email you a copy!
Good explanation of delayed sensitivities! People often have trouble figuring out their sensitivities because symptoms can show up hours to days later. It can be really challenging. It’s so frustrating that this isn’t common knowledge because SO many people have sensitivities.
What testing do you use for food sensitivities? Yes, they can be related to antibodies but not necessarily. Symptoms occur because of the mediators released (cytokines, etc.) and IgG alone is not a good indicator of food sensitivities. I use MRT because of its high accuracy of split-sample testing (>90%) vs ALCAT or others that only have ~30% accuracy (if you sent the same sample in to the lab, you would get different results) and the LEAP program that gives an individualized program with education and very specific reintroductions for the best results.
Hi Lauren – I personally have not had any special testing done for sensitivities. It has all be done based on elimination diets and reintroduction. At some point, I would like to explore further testing, as there are a few foods that I’m not certain about. It’s just not in the budget right now, so I just do the best I can! 🙂