FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
By now, you’re all probably all using lots of coconut oil in your cooking and baking, but did you know that coconut oil has a ton of non-dietary uses too? The list is pretty much endless, but here are 21 ways that you can use coconut oil besides for eating! Want more coconut oil info? I have an entire section on my site devoted to coconut oil & health, but here are a few of my favorites:
- 52 Uses for Coconut Oil
- 15 Dietary Uses for Coconut Oil
- 20 Ways Coconut Oil Can Help Your Pets
- Coconut Oil Health Benefits: Why is it so wonderful?
I always get asked what brand of coconut oil I recommend. Visit my Products I Love page for more info on coconut oil brands that I trust.
21 Non-Dietary Uses for Coconut Oil
- Body care (lotion, lip balm, deodorant, makeup remover, massage oil, body scrubs, toothpaste, etc.)
- Hair care (conditioning, styling, etc.)
- Personal lubricant (not safe with latex)
- Mascara brush cleaner
- Use for treating lice or pink eye
- Carrier oil for homemade baby wipes
- Cleaning paint brushes (instead of mineral spirits)
- Detailing the inside of your car (add a little to a soft cloth and polish)
- Lubricate kitchen scissors when cutting sticky foods (like dates, marshmallows, etc.)
- Use to clean and store mouthguard
- Shine your houseplant’s leaves
- Non-toxic Goo Gone
- Wooden cutting board conditioner
- Base for homemade insect repellent
- Metal polish
- Leather moisturizer
- Season cast iron pans
- WD-40 substitute
- Guitar string lubricant
- Natural sunscreen
- Furniture polish
How do you use coconut oil in your home? What would you add to this list? Leave a comment below! Also, feel free to share this image with your friends!