FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
Most people find it funny when I tell them that my dogs get coconut oil with their dinner every night. We humans know all of the health benefits from consuming coconut oil, but did you know that our pets can also benefit from it too? I have been feeding my dogs coconut oil for years and I attribute several things to this fact.
- Their doggie breath and doggie smell is greatly reduced. I notice when I forget to give it to them that their breath starts to get worse again.
- My older dog, Burton, slipped on some ice several years ago and severely hurt his back leg. While it has been slow to heal, I feel that the coconut oil helped him absorb the nutrients he needed for healing, as well as helped him drop a couple pounds, which dramatically helped. His leg is back to normal now and he acts like a puppy, even at 9 years old. I can’t say the coconut oil specifically healed his leg, but I can say that I think it helped his body operate more efficiently when it came to healing the injury.
- Their coats and skin are in amazing shape. Healthy, soft, and full. No dandruff to be found.
- They don’t have as much tartar build-up on their teeth as they did prior to incorporating coconut oil into their diet.
If you want to learn more about how coconut oil can help your pets, how to feed it to them, etc., please read my post “Coconut Oil for Happy, Healthy Pets“.
20 Ways Coconut Oil Can Help Your Pets
- Improves or eliminates bad breath
- Helps control dry skin and dandruff
- Improve arthritis or other joint and ligament problems
- Helps with weight loss and control
- Helps treat fleas
- Soothes hot spots
- Helps control body odor
- Conditions skin and coat
- Helps balance thyroid issues
- Helps control yeast overgrowth
- Help heal cuts and wounds
- Use as a pad conditioner on dogs
- Helps boost energy
- Helps eliminate parasites
- Improves immune system
- Helps with furballs and coughing
- Improves nutrient absorption
- Helps with cognitive health
- Reduces or eliminates warts and fungal infections
- Heals udders on dairy goats and cows
How do you use coconut oil in your pets diet? What would you add to this list? Leave a comment below! Also, feel free to share this image with your friends!