FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. Read our full terms and conditions here.
It’s summer. And, it’s HOT.
I’m not going to lie. I’m a cool weather gal. In my opinion, if we just skipped summer all around, I’d be happy. And skipping the dead of winter wouldn’t be too shabby either…Maybe the year could just go Spring, Summer, Spring, Summer…
Yeah, that would be awesome. 🙂
But, that is also never going to happen, so the next best thing on a hot summer day is an ice cold treat to cool you off.
I remember a day when I loved those OtterPops and other artificially colored, artificially flavored treats. It’s been many years since I’ve eaten anything like that now that I have discovered just how simple it is to make nourishing, real food versions of my favorite summertime frozen treats.
Here are 50 frozen treats for summer with everything from ice cream to sherbet to gelato to popsicles. I’m sure you’ll find something on this list that will tickle your taste buds and please the whole family!
If you’re new to making ice cream, I highly recommend reading my post on 5 Tips for Perfect Homemade Ice Cream here. My passion for homemade ice cream and frozen treats is exactly why I wrote my eBook, The Splendid Scoop. You can learn more about that book here, or read on down to the bottom of this article.
50 Delicious Real Food Frozen Treats for Summer
- Dairy-free Vanilla Ice Cream via Delicious Obsessions
- Strawberry White Bean Ice Cream via GAPS Diet Journey
- Vanilla Ice Cream via Cultured Palate
- Strawberry Lemonade Popsicles via Loving Our Guts
- Strawberry Ice Cream via Nourishing Joy
- Soft Serve Ice Cream (Dairy Free) via Lisa’s Counter Culture
- Pumpkin Ice Cream via Amazing Graze Farm
- Lavender Peach Ice Cream via Fresh Bites Daily
- Homemade Mint Ice Cream (including a dairy-free, GAPS-legal option) via Nourished and Nurtured
- Mocha-Nanna Ice Cream via The Untrained Housewife
- Mango Cranberry Sherbet via Just Making Noise
- Maple Cinnamon Pecan Ice Cream via Just Making Noise
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe (Dairy and Non-Dairy Versions) via Delicious Obsessions
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream via Just Making Noise
- Homemade Magic Shell Ice Cream Topping Recipe With Coconut Oil via Delicious Obsessions
- Raw Peach Ice Cream via Loving Our Guts
- Cool Peppermint Ice Cream w/ Homemade Chocolate Magic Shell via Just Making Noise
- Coconut Milk Chocolate Ice Cream Shake via GAPS Diet Journey
- Orange and Olive Oil Ice Cream via Fresh Bites Daily
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (w/ dairy-free and sugar-free options) via Whole New Mom
- Healthy Fruit & Cream Bars via The Nourishing Home
- Kefir Ice Cream (chocolate or vanilla) via Delicious Obsessions
- Pumpkin Ice Cream via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Creamy Coconut Lime Sorbet via Just Making Noise
- Chunky Strawberry Chocolate Ice Cream via Just Making Noise
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Wholesome All-Fruit Pops (GF, DF) via The Nourishing Home
- French Vanilla Coconut Milk Ice Cream via Loving Our Guts
- Strawberry Ice Cream (GAPS-legal, primal) via Nourished and Nurtured
- Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream via Nourished and Nurtured
- Blackberry Ice Cream via Nourished and Nurtured
- Spicy Ginger Pecan Ice Cream via Just Making Noise
- Best Ice Cream: Chocolate or Vanilla via GNOWFGLINS
- Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Greek Style Frozen Yogurt via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Banana Split Pop (GF, DF Option) via The Nourishing Home
- Almond Joy Ice Cream via Just Making Noise
- Blueberry Ice Cream via Cultured Palate
- Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream (Dairy-Free) via GAPS Diet Journey
- Strawberry Cherry Kefir Ice Cream via The Untrained Housewife
- Chocolate Almond Chip Coconut Milk Ice Cream (sugar-free option) via Whole New Mom
- Brown Sugar Vanilla Bean Ice Cream via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Sugar & Dairy Free Chocolate Ice Cream via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Honey Chamomile Frozen Custard via My Humble Kitchen
- Homemade Ice Cream Cake via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- Cantaloupe Sherbet (or Popsicles) via Divine Health from the Inside Out
- 3 Minute Ice Cream- Three Flavors (Peanut Butter, Chocolate, Banana) via Intentionally Domestic
- Coffee Ice Cream (Caffeine, Dairy, Sugar-Free & Vegan!) via Laura’s GF Pantry
- Goji Berry Banana Ice Cream (Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free & Vegan) via Laura’s GF Pantry
- Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream (Dairy Free & Vegan) via Laura’s GF Pantry
- Honey Almond Ice Cream w/ Blackberry Sauce via Just Making Noise
- Pomegranate Ice Cream via Just Making Noise
Want to Learn How to Make Your Own Ice Cream Perfection At Home?
I’ve got you covered in my best-selling eBook, The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats: Delicious and Easy Dairy-Free Recipes, Plus Tips and Tricks for Homemade Ice Cream Perfection!
When the weather gets warm, nothing is more delicious than a bowl of cold ice cream or a delicious frozen treat. But, when you’re on a restricted diet, finding treats that are suitable for your needs can be tricky. Plus, what happens when you want to make ice cream, but don’t own an ice cream maker? Can you still make tasty treats without all the special equipment?
Yes! You can!
That is why I created The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook! I, myself, am on a restricted diet for health reasons and when the weather starts warming up over 65 F, I start to get cranky. ? I am definitely a cool weather gal and one way to keep me sane and satisfied during the height of summer is knowing that I can make something delicious, at home, using healthy ingredients that fit my lifestyle.
All of the recipes in this book are dairy, grain, and gluten free. They can easily be modified for the autoimmune protocol as well, making them extra special for those on super restricted diets.
In The Splendid Scoop and Other Frozen Treats eBook, You Will Learn:
- Why making your own ice cream and frozen treats at home is better than buying them at the store (even the organic ones!).
- Tips and tricks for homemade ice cream success.
- How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker (it’s easier than you think!).
- Delicious dairy-free recipes the whole family will love (recipes are also gluten and free and can easily be adapted for the autoimmune protocol as well).
- Extensive resource suggestions for real food, wellness, and beyond.
Don’t let another summer or special occasion pass you by. No longer will you have to watch your friends and family indulge on their favorite frozen treats while you sit on the sidelines due to your dietary restrictions.
Now you can enjoy creamy, delicious, and allergen-friendly frozen treats once again with The Splendid Scoop.