FTC Disclosure: Delicious Obsessions may receive comissions from purchases made through links in this article. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.Read our full terms and conditions here.
I love this book.
Why do I love it so much? Here are my top three reasons:
- It automatically avoids most of the allergens that I need to stay away from, so I don’t have to worry about taking the time to figure out substitutions.
- The recipes are kitchen-tested and proven to work.
- The recipes are delicious.
It’s as simple as that!
Beyond Grain and Dairy: A New eBook from Starlene of GAPS Diet Journey
As many of you know, last summer, I embarked on a health journey to address my autoimmune thyroid disease called Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. One of the very first things that I had to do was eliminate the most common allergens, which meant gluten, grains, legumes, dairy, corn, soy, and sugar. The first thing out of my Dad’s mouth was “what are you going to eat?” Well, there are lots of things I can eat and this new eBook by Starlene Stewart, author of GAPS Diet Journey, is a great resource.
One thing that people always think when they see a recipe that is labeled “free” of all sorts of ingredients is “is it flavor free too?” Not these recipes! Even though you’re leaving out a lot of allergens, these recipes are full of flavor and are certain to be a hit even among those folks who many not be on any sort of restricted diet. The key for me was ensuring that even though I eliminated all of those allergens, the meals I cooked would still be tasty enough that my husband would eat them too. I’m certainly not cooking two separate dinners every night!
What all does the book include?
I’m glad you asked! This book includes:
- Over 110 recipes, all kitchen-tested, proven to work, and delicious
- Photos for every recipe (see examples below)
- A full index so you can locate recipes based on ingredient
- All recipes are gluten, grain, dairy, soy, corn, and refined sugar free
- Easy-to-print format
In addition to those delicious goodies, what types of recipes can you expect? Everything from soups to appetizers to main courses to condiments to desserts and much more! Recipes include:
- Cod Fish and Mushroom Soup
- Mushroom Onion Gravy
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Stuffed Jalapenos
- Almond Butter and Dried Tomato Chicken (a personal fave)
- Creamy Orange Cashew Chicken (a personal fave)
- Pad Thai
- Chickpea-free Hummus Style Dip
- Mango Cashew Milk Smoothie (a personal fave)
- Blackberry Almond Flour Loaf
- Coconut Flour Sandwich Bread (a personal fave)
- Faux Cornbread or Muffins
- Banana Walnut Ice Cream (a personal fave)
- Pumpkin Poppers (a personal fave)
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Lemon Blossom Cupcakes
- Strawberry White Bean Ice Cream
- And many, many more!
Another thing that I loved most about this book is that there are so many recipes to choose from. I still have a ton of recipes left to get through. This cookbook is keeping me from getting bored with meals, something that seems to happen a lot recently. I have felt a lack of creativity when it comes to meals, so I am referring to this cookbook often to ensure that we don’t end up eating the same thing night after night. Yes, I am in a food rut. 🙁
Want One For Yourself?
Now for the super fun stuff! Starlene is giving away TWO copies of Beyond Grain and Dairy, plus, each winner will also receive a $25 gift certificate to Tropical Traditions! Just use the Rafflecopter widget below to enter!
If you just can’t wait and you want to snag a copy of the eBook now, you can use coupon code DEOB201 to receive 20% off at checkout. That brings the cost of the book to $13.60 (original price is $17), which is a steal for this great cookbook! Coupon code is valid through March 15th, 2013. If you happen to be one of the lucky winners, have no fear! Starlene will refund your money!
The fine print: This giveaway will run from 12:00am EST Thursday, February 21st, through 12:00am EST Friday, March 1st. The winner will be chosen at random via Rafflecopter. The winner will receive an email from me announcing their win and will have 48 hours to contact me to claim their prize. If they do not contact me within that 48 hour period, a new winner will be selected.